Struggling in raids due to Condi build

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xenomorph.5346

Xenomorph.5346

Hey guys – I’m running a condi tempest build and I can’t seem to keep up with other DPS’ers.

I did Keep Construct for the first time and it was just demotivating to see me doing less dmg than a mesmer.

I’ve already invested a bit into getting ascended gear for my condi ele (vipers).

What should I do here?

I’m thinking of either going back to my Condi Ranger (Transfer of amulets), gearing my Mesmer, or dropping Condi all together on my Ele in favor of staff.

Any opinions/advice? Thank you!

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

qT benchmarks for DPS rank condition Tempest highest on large hit boxes, closely followed by sc/wh and then staff. On small hitboxes condi tempest is 3rd highest with the direct damage builds much further down the list. These are also done in optimal conditions too.

Now that is said, a build is only effective if you play it well. If you don’t know your rotation to a T, you will not pull the numbers other people do. This goes for every profession. It’s not as easy as grabbing the best build and doing top dps, it’s how to use it and using it effectively that counts.
For example there is a thread in the Raid forum about a guy who was using p/p thief, party complained, he stated he was monitoring dps and was pulling x2 what the next highest dps was. Silence.

So, I’d try perfecting the rotation to maximise your dps, and also try other professions and their optimal rotations and see which one you prefer.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Now that is said, a build is only effective if you play it well. If you don’t know your rotation to a T, you will not pull the numbers other people do. This goes for every profession. It’s not as easy as grabbing the best build and doing top dps, it’s how to use it and using it effectively that counts.

Haha, I did a full meta tempest once with the “oh you do 30-40K dps easy” kind of build. I am a casual PvEr (never raided and rarely run dungeons/fractals) but still, I got every class and I know how to use them decently so I figured maybe I could at least reach 70% effiecency and carry myself.

I did 15K dps (with much effort) on the dummy and when testing it against my “can-this-kitten ed-thing-do-anything” personal benchmark of soloing the first urban fractal, I struggled on the first boss (kitten ACs), did ok on the small groups and failed miserably on the final boss because I had problems fighting on the last stage while still keeping up dps.

My latest run with an apothecary reaper running whats probably the complete opposite of meta, I steamrolled the first boss, steamrolled mobs and breezed through the boss lol.

Posted by: Xenomorph.5346

Xenomorph.5346

Turns out I didn’t have viper stats selected on 3/6 trinkets.

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Also, condi on KC? Not the way to go on that boss for sure so that right there would have tanked your numbers for sure. Power for that little guy, and yea, practice, practice, practice!