Stupid question: are one man guilds possible?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I love GW2, but after a lot of horrible experiences in several games, I’ve given up guilds entirely. However, I am interested in the guild halls in the expansion. Also, I’m rather tired of getting a guild invite every time I log in. So is it possible to make a one-man guild? It might seem like an obvious question, but it IS possible over in Marvel Heroes.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Yes

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Of course they are possible. I and many people I know have a one man guild as a storage.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Just be very careful not to accidentally leave that guild. If the last/only member leaves it is irrevokably deleted.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Keep in mind that it might not be possible (or very hard) to get Guild Halls on your own depending on how they will work.
If they would require Merits and such for example it could be quite hard for a single person, seeing as you would need to complete Guild Missions for that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BattleCat.2098

Thanks, guys. I’ll try to make my own guild, and if I can get my own guild hall, then yay me. If not… well, no worries.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’d be surprised if most players DON’T have personal Guilds as you can get some decent storage for potentially otherwise unused currency.

NOTE: keep in mind that NOTHING stored in a Guild Bank is EVER going to be returned to you if a hacker gets to it. Account rollbacks do NOT restore Guild banks.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Yup. Most 1-man guilds are used primarily as storage. They are also useful for when you want to run solo.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One thing nice about a personal guild that you rep is the ability to get the 250 bank slots as well as have the various buffs and banners when you want them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Visit the guild promoter, dump a little gold in, Expand the guild bank and maybe set yourself up with some banners. You can have one self-created guild per account, and imo it’s worth it.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Uh, you can have 5.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

BattleCat.2098

Wait, you can have several guilds? As in be a member of several guilds at once, like in Elder Scrolls Online?

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

You can be in five guilds at once, yes, though you may only be representing (which lets you see guild chat & get guild bonuses) one at a time.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Also your activities and influence scrolls etc go to the guild you are repping. So make sure if you join a guild you don’t intend to 100% rep that they won’t kick you out for that. Rep requirements should be stated at the start for new members.

Be very careful when swapping guilds. The “leave guild” button is in a super-easy-to-click-by-mistake spot and there is no confirmation. If you’re the only person in your personal storage guild and you leave the guild, everything you put in the guild bank is gone forever, as are all the resources you put into building up the guild perks.

Daywolf.2630

Wait, you can have several guilds? As in be a member of several guilds at once, like in Elder Scrolls Online?

Yeah, you can be in 5 guilds, rep only one at any given moment; though some req 100% rep, but you can still access your own guild storage. But last I checked, you can only create 1, which most people do for storage space at least.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, you can be in 5 guilds, rep only one at any given moment; though some req 100% rep, but you can still access your own guild storage. But last I checked, you can only create 1, which most people do for storage space at least.

You can create more than one personal guild. My account has two. Afaik you can create as many as you want. The limit is the number you can be a member of at one time.

ANet may give it to you.

Daywolf.2630

You can create more than one personal guild. My account has two. Afaik you can create as many as you want. The limit is the number you can be a member of at one time.

Hmm… must have changed, I don’t recall getting the option to make a second when I created the first years back.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmm… must have changed, I don’t recall getting the option to make a second when I created the first years back.

If you stop representing and are not repping any other guild you will then get the option to make another guild. Now that I think about it, I actually made 3. One, made a few minutes after launch, became the guild for all of us from Guild Wars 1 and then I made a storage guild for myself a couple of months later and a third guild, for storage, a couple months after that. I’m a member of all 3 guilds still.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

BattleCat.2098

You can be in five guilds at once, yes, though you may only be representing (which lets you see guild chat & get guild bonuses) one at a time.

Interesting. Then this whole thread is kinda pointless, in way. :-) I mean, I was wondering if I should start my own guild or join another one, but if I can do both, there’s no point in -not- starting my own. I’ll just join another one later, if I feel like it. :-)

Posted by: ANGELS SANGUINE.1762

ANGELS SANGUINE.1762

How do I leave a guild and go start my own?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

How do I leave a guild and go start my own?

You can be in up to five guilds at the same time; you can choose “Stand Down” to simply stop repping a guild or “Leave Guild” to leave the guild. To start a guild, press G. Then click on “Create guild”. You can also speak to a Guild Registrar in the main cities to start one. It costs 1g to start a guild.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind that you can be in five guilds, so you don’t have to leave one to start one unless the one you’re in requires 100% rep or you are already in five.