Switch from main to alt for AC xp?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Legion.3614

Legion.3614

Q:

Basically the question above, the reason I ask is because I want to level my thief (currently 35) but dungeon groups are currently 80 or gtfo and I was wondering if I could play with my 80 then switch to my thief so he can receive the bonus xp for completing the path?

Ascalon shall be reborn in us!

Posted by: Genbu.1705

Genbu.1705

A:

Yes you can and many players are doing this. But I would advice you to ask your party members first if it’s okay to switch at the end because 1) I think it’s polite, and 2) some players are strongly against this. Not long ago one player wanted to switch to his alt and our host got upset and left the party getting everyone kicked out, right before the end boss in ac p3. However, in most cases, especially when running paths with an easy end boss (ac3, cof1…), nobody has a problem with that.

Oh, and don’t do this if you’re the one who opened the dungeon. Sometimes people forget they’re hosting and end up kicking everyone out when they switch characters

// kitten ninjas!

(edited by Genbu.1705)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can as long as you aren’t the one who started the instance and of course assuming the group is fine with that.

Posted by: Legion.3614

Legion.3614

Thnak you for answering!

Ascalon shall be reborn in us!

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

If you’re on a NA server, I’ll be happy to help you with the dungeon on your lowbie. I’m one of those who are against the swapping out, but I have no problem at all helping people through a dungeon regardless of what level they are. Add me to friends, give me a shout if/when you want to go, and I’ll see what I can do.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Your other option is to start your own party with your 35 alt in LFG panel and advertise properly. You’ll get a full party soon enough.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)