Switching Items Between Characters

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rascalking.9845

Rascalking.9845

Hello, I have heard of certain people getting certain soulbound items such as weapons or armor transferred between characters on a case to case basis. That being with plans to delete the original character, and having the new character the same class with plans to substitute it for the original. I am sort of planning to delete my asura thief, although it has most of my most expensive and hardest earned items. I would love to have these items on a new thief, would this be possible? And what items can and cannot be done?

Black Devil Brigade [SSF]
#Maguuma

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hello, I have heard of certain people getting certain soulbound items such as weapons or armor transferred between characters on a case to case basis. That being with plans to delete the original character, and having the new character the same class with plans to substitute it for the original. I am sort of planning to delete my asura thief, although it has most of my most expensive and hardest earned items. I would love to have these items on a new thief, would this be possible? And what items can and cannot be done?

This would not be an account issue. You might try posting in Players Helping Players. Good luck. =)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I doubt it will be done though.

Cases where it was addressed all had to do with user error to some extent.
You are actually planning on doing this. And it will create an unfair advantage imo.

So I’m gonna say, no it’s not gonna happen.

But you could use other methods of unbinding gear, like with a splitter.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You will have to use an item like a transmutation splitter that you get from the gem store to transfer items from one character to another.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

also you can account bind by transferring onto a white item the skin using transmutation crystals for lvl 80 items and the stones for under 80 items.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Are you sure you’re not thinking of situations where people have used the ‘white item trick’ to transfer soulbound items?

They get an item on one character (for example the thief hood that’s only available at character creation), use a transmutation stone to put the skin onto a generic while item, which makes it account bound. Then put it in the bank and withdraw it on the character they want to give it to and either use a transmutation splitter to get back the original item or use another stone to put the skin onto the item with the stats they want.

That works with any weapons or armor I think (anything that can be transmuted).

But there is no way to transfer soulbound items between characters normally and it’s definitely not something Support would usually do for you unless there was a very good reason. Like maybe your account had been hacked and they had applied a skin you were saving for one character to an item on another one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rascalking.9845

Rascalking.9845

Any way of getting ascended trinkets between accounts? Thought someone had said they accomplished this somehow. I have full ascended trinkets with AR on my asura thief, but really dislike the asura aspect, so would love to switch them to a new race

Black Devil Brigade [SSF]
#Maguuma

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t believe you can transfer trinkets between characters once they’ve been soulbound, since, not having appearances, they’re not compatible with transmutation.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Even if you could transmute trinkets, you can’t transfer stats between characters, only skins. If the OP is trying to save stats for the next alt, I think s/he is out of luck.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

With transmutation splitters, it actually is possible to move statted items around between characters.

At least, for armor and weapons you can. If it doesn’t have an appearance, like trinkets, it can’t be transmuted, so it won’t work with a transmutation splitter.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~