??? Switching worlds?

??? Switching worlds?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jayech.5763

Jayech.5763

Hi, Why cant i switch worlds? I want to play with my friends but I cannot switch worlds and I have to pay? Isnt other MMOS you can switch servers?

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Most (if not all) other MMOs require you to pay for transfer, this is not something unique to GW2.

Something that is (almost) unique for GW2 however, is that unless you want to do WvW (or play with people from other region) you don’t have to transfer, since you can guest for free to any other server in your own region.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

??? Switching worlds?

Jayech.5763

Most (if not all) other MMOs require you to pay for transfer, this is not something unique to GW2.

Something that is (almost) unique for GW2 however, is that unless you want to do WvW (or play with people from other region) you don’t have to transfer, since you can guest for free to any other server in your own region.

Well It is unique because I want to switch servers not transfer my characters, I don’t think other mmos does not allow you to switch servers and GW2 you have to only stay in one server/world.

Like i just want to switch world and make a new character.

Yea This is unique for GW2, you can only stay in one world, and to switch you must delete all characters.

(edited by Jayech.5763)

??? Switching worlds?

Jayech.5763

Like is there any how I can play/quest with my friends?

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

You can switch worlds and keep your chars, but that will cost gems.
If you delete all chars the transfer is free. So you don’t have to stay on 1 server.

And you can guest by going to world selection (where you see all your chars), then select the server you want to go to and click on “guest”.

??? Switching worlds?

Jayech.5763

You can switch worlds and keep your chars, but that will cost gems.
If you delete all chars the transfer is free. So you don’t have to stay on 1 server.

And you can guest by going to world selection (where you see all your chars), then select the server you want to go to and click on “guest”.

Ya but whats the point of deleteing the characters? And how do i play with my friends? quest with them and explore with them? will guest work with that?

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

You can play dungeons and PvE and such but not WvW.

So if you just want to explore the world or do a dungeon, guesting will work for you.

As for deleting your characters for a free transfer, some people do that so they can sort of start over/fresh. Or they haven’t played much yet and don’t mind losing their char(s) in order to go to a busier server or a server with more friends.

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You can just use the guest function to play on other servers for anything besides WvW.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

??? Switching worlds?

Jayech.5763

kitten that is pretty a let down for this game, So can i do quest and such? so i can do ANYTHING beside WvW? dont u need lvl 80 for WvW?

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

You can only enter WvW on your home server, so yes, guesting will allow you to do everything else. And no, you don’t need a lvl 80 for WvW. You can enter with a lvl 1 and get all your levels there if you wish (many people do.)

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

kitten that is pretty a let down for this game, So can i do quest and such? so i can do ANYTHING beside WvW? dont u need lvl 80 for WvW?

As said, almost all MMO’s charge money to transfer worlds. The difference is that they often charge per character to transfer. but you can make new characters on other worlds. Here you have three options.

1: delete all your characters and transfer for free (simular to not paying to transfer your character in those other mmo’s but starting new ones).
2: if you don’t want to delete, you have the option to guest. This works perfectly for everything but WvW, but requires you to start guesting everytime you change character or login.
3: If you really want to permanent change your world (for either WvW or to get rid off the need to select guest everytime) you have to pay.

All in all, this game gives a lot better possibillity’s then other MMO’s

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

It’s actually very reasnoble, because a lot of your info traveles through your characters, like your gold, your magic find luck, your guild etc.

WvW is a server vs server fight, now imagine people from top tier servers being able to just go to other servers and spy on what the other servers are doing, and pass the info on their home server. That kind of stuff would be gamebreaking.

Now if you guest to your friends server you can literally do anything besides WvW.

But if you really want to join your friend in WvW as well, just delete your characters and start over. I deleted mine to transfer with my friend and it worked out nicely I’ve releveled (though that was a long time ago), but you don’t hurt your gold, you don’t hurt your magic find, you don’t hurt your bank. So just sell or salvage your characters stuff, put what you want to save in your bank and hop over.

OOOOR, if you REALLY want to save your characters AND want to play with your friends both PvE stuff and WvW stuff, just invest a few gems

Good luck

??? Switching worlds?

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

You don’t HAVE to delete your characters. If you want to transfer your account intact you just have to pay – that’s reasonable. I’ve switched a couple of times when I felt like it.

It’s only the cost of a pizza. No big deal unless you keep doing it.