Sylvari Hairstyle Question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Hi,

I recently noticed a Sylvari hairstyle changing colour between day and night due to their glow and in the nighttime it pulsed between bright red and dark red. I wondered if there were other Sylvari Hairstyles that do this (change colour and pulse) or whether it’s unique to this one. If so, which ones? Is there any way to preview it? A make-over kit preview only has max-glow (nighttime) and no glow (daytime.)

Thank you in advance.

Attached a printscreen to be a bit more clear about what I mean, left and middle is during Night-time and Right is the day-time version. As you can see it’s bright red at one point, dark-red at another and black during the day.

Attachments:

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

All the sylvari hair styles do this.

The glow on their whole body pulses on and off during the night. That part you can’t control.

But the colours are determined by your choices: the dark/off colour is the colour you choose for the hair and the bright/on colour is the glow colour. If they’re extremely similar it might not be noticeable, but if you pick two different colours it’s very noticeable.

A slider on the character creation screen also lets you set the glow intensity, which also affects how noticeable it is.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Slight correction: almost all the sylvari hair does this. My necro for a while had the hair that is a spray of dead leaves forming bangs from a stem at the back of the head. A lovely cheeky look, I thought, but it had no glow and wouldn’t even color very brightly other than at the very edges of the lacy insect-eaten leaves.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

When creating a character or modifying an existing one with a makeover kit, there’s an option to turn off the lightning, then the glow will keep looping slowly both on the Sylvari hair and the pattern on body

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Thank you all, I guess something in my settings is messy, since it never showed up in the preview, put everything on max settings and now I see all of them flow a bit, some more than others. Thank you everyone!