Sylvari Necro Name Help

Sylvari Necro Name Help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ReDeadite.7386

ReDeadite.7386

Hello!

I have been thinking about making a Sylvari necro the last few days and I finally decided on her appearance. Now I am looking for assistance on her name.

So I like the name Rafflesia, its a parasitic plant known as the corpse flower, it smells like rotting meat to attract animals to it.

Of course this name is taken, but I wondering if anyone could help me come up with an altered version, or a last name (or maybe a title) to go with it.

I was considering Rafflesia Requiem (song of the dead) but I thought it was little much. That being said when I was considering making a human necro I wanted to give her an over-the-top name to the likes of Morticia or Elvira, so maybe it works?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Rafflesia Requiem works well I think

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Rafflesia Rose, Red Rafflesia, Rose Rafflesia, Rafflesia Red, Rain Lily Rafflesia, …or not. Lol.

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: ReDeadite.7386

ReDeadite.7386

Thank you for the responses. Just an fyi for anyone else kittenponds, alliteration isn’t necessary. Its cool though if it works

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Raffle Sia is a possiblity too.

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Rafflesiana, Rafflesielle, Raflesia, Rafflessia, Rafflezia, Rafflysia … lots of ways to keep to the one-name convention for Sylvari names.

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

When naming characters what I tend to do is have their name relate to their race/class, except for humans because their names are pretty generic.

So for a Sylvari Necro I would go for something such as:
(Poisonous plant) + whatever color you’ve made their skin (Look up a synonym for it, so it’s not like, “White Poison Ivy” or whatever lol.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

The wiki tells about some of the names stemming from gaellic/celtic culture. I personally sometimes use a gaellic translator or google translate with the welsh setup. For example, “death” means “marwolaeth” in welsh (just a quick search, seems to rather befit a male char).

For example, I once planned a Sylvari female thief named “Arlliwia Whisperleaf” (the first being welsh for “shade”). However, I settled for the celtic-ish name Gwaellion and made a male Sylvari don’t need surnames.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/sylvari_names.php

also the other GW2 races. enjoy.

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Irensaga.6935

Irensaga.6935

Why not just take the phonetic sounds and split them into two words with alternate spellings?

Like…

Raeff Lessia, for example.

Or Raf Le Sia, and so forth…

Sylvari Necro Name Help

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

My Sylvari Necro is Mortifer Crow, a.k.a Morgrim or (as my brother calls me) Morti. Mortifer means Bringer of Death, Crow is symbolized as the bird of death.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~