Taking an awesome self portrait?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Hello,

I want to show off my level 80 thief on Facebook so my friends and family can see how awesome my character is…and how much time I don’t spend being productive.

What should I do to assure I get the coolest, highest quality screen shots of my character?

Thanks!

CLM

Posted by: jru.5932

jru.5932

Shift+Ctrl+H I think to get rid of the HUD, and print screen button on keyboard in a spot or area doing some awesome skill. Or just stand there looking hardcore with a really nice background, and bam.

Officer of Gaming Disciples [GD], Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

if you go to controls you can bind a button to take high quality/stereoscopic screenshot that automatically hides the UI while taking the screenshot without you having to manually do so.

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

Crazy as it might sound, lighting is important. I would try to find some good light sources and position your character in front of them at different angles. Try to bring out the character so he/she is distinct from the background and keep the background simple and clutter-free.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

if you go to controls you can bind a button to take high quality/stereoscopic screenshot that automatically hides the UI while taking the screenshot without you having to manually do so.

Wasn’t that function removed after the betas? I couldn’t find it anymore when I searched for it a while ago.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Wasn’t that function removed after the betas? I couldn’t find it anymore when I searched for it a while ago.

Dunno, but you can use the -bmp command line argument.
Check here to see the command line argument explained: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

Please for the love of the gods take the screen in daylight, and put the sun or whatever the light source is behind the camera.

I would also re-bind the hide UI button to something simple like F12.