Tarnished Coast: are there a lot of RPers?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mike.9451

Mike.9451

Hi,

I don’t know if this thread belongs in this section but I had a question about Roleplay. I heard the unofficial roleplay server on GW2 is Tarnished Coast but I was wondering if that server actually has a lot of roleplayers. As of right now, I am playing on the Darkhaven server but wish to transfer over to Tarnished Coast because I miss the friendliness and social aspects of a Roleplay community. However I have no idea what the players are like on that server.

Can someone from Tarnished Coast enlighten me? Are there many people in Lions Arch and surrounding Cities doing roleplay, RP events or random chat? Or is it like every other server where everyone just does PvP/PvE? Any information is appreciated.

Posted by: Nadestepper.2976

Nadestepper.2976

I play in the tarnished coast and I haven’t heard of a lot of people who roleplay. Maybe you should ask people if there are any guilds that do roleplaying. I know that there is a guild section in the forums, maybe you should look there.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Hi,

I don’t know if this thread belongs in this section but I had a question about Roleplay. I heard the unofficial roleplay server on GW2 is Tarnished Coast but I was wondering if that server actually has a lot of roleplayers. As of right now, I am playing on the Darkhaven server but wish to transfer over to Tarnished Coast because I miss the friendliness and social aspects of a Roleplay community. However I have no idea what the players are like on that server.

Can someone from Tarnished Coast enlighten me? Are there many people in Lions Arch and surrounding Cities doing roleplay, RP events or random chat? Or is it like every other server where everyone just does PvP/PvE? Any information is appreciated.

Hi!

Tarnished Coast is a pretty diverse community so far. We have a robust roleplay community, and you’ll often find RP guild advertising in /map, and roleplayers in just about every zone.

As expected, most roleplayers hang out in Divinity’s Reach, in one of three hubs (the taverns—particularly the Busted Flagon). RP Events likely won’t pick up until we get a server forum and a way to spread the word.

Personally, I’m a strong believer in roleplaying out in the world, on the field, while adventuring. I recognize the social benefits of roleplaying in a city hub, but I feel that over-dependence on the “tavern” scene distorts roleplay and discourages adventure. While I’m out adventuring, I’ll frequently roleplay in /say or /me, and very often, I’ll find other roleplayers reciprocating with me.

Your mileage may vary, of course, depending on how social you are and your hours of play, but so far I’m quite happy with this server and I recommend it to roleplayers.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Posted by: SDSkuld.9352

SDSkuld.9352

I ran around Divinity’s Reach on Tarnished Coast yesterday to get completion and found roleplaying all over the city. Tonight I played in Wayfarer Hills and found a couple of out-of-the way groups having conversations. So it’s definitely going on.

While there’s no server forums yet, if you are interested in roleplay on Tarnished Coast, the server has its forum on the Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers site. I’m not sure what the policy is on posting links, but if you search for that name, you should find it easily enough. I think that would help you judge if the server is for you.

Just don’t expect to ever win at WvWvW.

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Except for the times when we do…

Anyway, for the OP’s question. Divinity’s Reach is a solid spot, as is the Serrated Blade in the Black Citadel. Lion’s Arch is a mixed bag. The biggest trick is to just advertise yourself and find likeminded friends. We’re out there. RP in the field when exploring, you’d be surprised what you can manage. Just keep it on, you know? And you’ll end up finding folks.

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Is TC in the US server group? In the EU, Piken Square is widely regarded as the unofficial RP server.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

Yes OP, I can personally vouch for the wealth of roleplay and roleplayers on Tarnished Coast. Go to just about any pub in Tyria, or any major city and you will most certainly find roleplayers there.

It’s actually been one of the best experiences thus far in a RPG, that I have had. This community is very creative and accomodating.

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Like everyone’s saying, there is certainly roleplay in many areas, though you usually have to go looking for it. I know that when the guild I’m in hosts RP nights in Lion’s Arch, people trickle in like mad until we’re outnumbered by RPers from other groups, haha. If you start RPing, particularly in cities, people will start with you. It’s like putting a bunch of bacon wrapped steaks in front of a herd of Ron Swansons. They will come.

Is TC in the US server group? In the EU, Piken Square is widely regarded as the unofficial RP server.

Yep! We’re USers.

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Tallenn.9218

Tallenn.9218

I’m on TC. Haven’t seen or heard anyone roleplaying, but I haven’t been looking for them, either.

Posted by: Eluziel.4650

Eluziel.4650

Remember that there are both EU and US based unofficial roleplay servers, the EU one being Piken Square

You can get a lot of info on roleplay events, guilds and players at http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com

:)

Posted by: Teror.8940

Teror.8940

I’m on TC. And it’s a fantastic server. I was in the Silvari starting area yesterday and ran across about 5 or 6 players sitting on a giant lilly pad in the middle of a pool RPing.

Plus, the WvWvW is great as well as we’re always putting up a good fight or winning in the matches thus far.

Great server.

Emerald Fang:
www.emerald-fang.com // PvX/US/AUS/SoS

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Joke’s on you. We’ve won three or four times, holding Stonemist and battering the other teams. You can thank Odinzu and the people who aren’t afking in a keep with a sticky movement key for that.

So, in short, Tarnished Coast has it all.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

Tarnished Coast has the largest RP community, but they are still a very small section of the population. Outside of DR you won’t see any RP (not for lack of trying!). Our level 80 community also appears to be a bit ahead of the curve as well, from talking with people on other servers.

We also always win at WvW due to surprisingly uniform good leadership and tactics, so there’s that.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

Posted by: Sareth.9038

Sareth.9038

I can’t seem to find the Bars people supposedly hang out in, can someone give me a general area it would be found in? :o

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Tarnished Coast is where it’s at…

I usually am “in character” if I am communicating through /say or emotes. I do not, however, currently spend a lot of time developing intricate RP situations or storylines. Instead I just play the game and allow myself to get immersed as often as possible.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

I play on Tarnished Coast and i don’t roleplay at all, I think I only saw 1 person doing so, I might even have seen a guild try to recruit rpers.

The home of the Asuras shall remain PvE/WvW for me.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

(edited by Killua.8041)

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Im on TC and Ive seen many people rping or at least having rp names.
I believe I only saw 2 dumb names so far (I gonna kill you and some other).

Posted by: SillyBlackFox.4872

SillyBlackFox.4872

So in otherwords…

Yes, we have Roleplay.

Just keep in mind it isn’t an “Rp Server”; it’s just the server we decided to all get together on.

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

I’ve seen a lot of role-players in cities, though it still leaves me a tad disappointed because I wanted to role-play out of town while playing.

I want RP to add to my gameplay experience, not the opposite.

Ah well, maybe we’ll get a official RP server someday! Or the RP population of TC will grow.

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

RP on TC is alive and well. If you RP at people in the wilds, and be it just little bits of IC talk mid-Event, they’ll RP back I’ve found. Though the bigger concentrations are of course in hubs (though if you want to RP anywhere near craft hubs, make a tab that removes NPC chatter and Map chat) and guilds.

The internet is for Norn

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

Usually run into some RPers in Lion’s Arch as that’s the city I’m usually in now.
As others have said there’s often RP guilds recruiting so I think there is a fair amount of RPers around.

I don’t RP myself but I don’t mind having them around as a majority of the players I’ve encountered are really nice.

Posted by: Mike.9451

Mike.9451

Wow! Thanks for all the responses. Me and my friends are defiantly considering Tarnished Coast as our home server. See ya there.

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Tarnished Coast has the largest RP community, but they are still a very small section of the population. Outside of DR you won’t see any RP (not for lack of trying!). Our level 80 community also appears to be a bit ahead of the curve as well, from talking with people on other servers.

We also always win at WvW due to surprisingly uniform good leadership and tactics, so there’s that.

As much as I love this server, we do not ‘always win.’ Almost every time I’ve checked the scores, we’ve been getting beaten into the dirt.

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I’ve seen a lot of role-players in cities, though it still leaves me a tad disappointed because I wanted to role-play out of town while playing.

I want RP to add to my gameplay experience, not the opposite.

Ah well, maybe we’ll get a official RP server someday! Or the RP population of TC will grow.

Only way to get that kind of fix, Vyniea is to actually join an RP Guild. Most of them have ongoing storylines for each of their characters as well Guild plots and storylines to align to. There are several advertising on TC in the Guild Threads

Raf

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon