The Bifrost.

The Bifrost.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Millionaires.4201

Millionaires.4201

I have never had a legendary and I have only been playing for around a month, but I’m getting Elementalist to 80 next which will be my third level 80.

I have seen this staff and it looks amazing but the price on the TP is pretty crazy 2,500 Gold. I never dare to buy a legendary on the TP at all. However on the wiki it says you need 100% Map completion, does that mean to wield it or make it?

(edited by Millionaires.4201)

The Bifrost.

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

to make it.

Here is the recipie for The Bifrost.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Bifrost

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

The Bifrost.

Posted by: AwwGee.5628

AwwGee.5628

That is to make it. You receive crafting components for legendary weapons at 100% exploration.

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

to make it.

Here is the recipie for The Bifrost.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Bifrost

I don’t understand – I have never touched the Mystic Forge.

That is to make it. You receive crafting components for legendary weapons at 100% exploration.

So you receive everything for it at 100% Map completion?

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No, just the gift of exploration that you need to make Gift of Mastery.
You will need a great many things to make the Bifrost- Just check out that recipe.

To make it in the forge you will need several Gifts made up of different things- once you have all the gifts you combine them in the forge together with the precursor which will give you the Bifrost- at least that is how I understand it- Not having a legendary myself.

best of luck.

Gunnar’s Hold

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

No, just the gift of exploration that you need to make Gift of Mastery.
You will need a great many things to make the Bifrost- Just check out that recipe.

To make it in the forge you will need several Gifts made up of different things- once you have all the gifts you combine them in the forge together with the precursor which will give you the Bifrost- at least that is how I understand it- Not having a legendary myself.

best of luck.

So confusing :< Well I have around a week and a half to understand it, as that’s about the time I will hit 80. :p – That staff is so amazing :# Thanks.

The Bifrost.

zargnath.9524

What you need to craft the bifrost by yourself is:

Legendary Precursor
1 The Legend
Gift of The Bifrost
100 Icy Runestones 100 needed
1 Superior Sigil of Nullification
Gift of Energy
250 Piles of Crystalline Dust
250 Piles of Incandescent Dust
250 Piles of Luminous Dust
250 Piles of Radiant Dust
Gift of Color
250 Unidentified Dyes
100 Opal Orbs
1 Gift of Zhaitan
500 Shards of Zhaitan
1 Gift of Fortune
77 Mystic Clovers
?231 Obsidian Shards (485,100 or 3465 or 231 Laurels needed)
?231 Mystic Coins
?231 Globs of Ectoplasm
Fourth ingredient
?1386 Philosopher’s Stones (139 needed) (if making one at a time)
?231 Crystals (139 needed) (if making ten at a time)
250 Globs of Ectoplasm
1 Gift of Magic
250 Vials of Powerful Blood
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
250 Elaborate Totems
1 Gift of Might
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Armored Scales
250 Vicious Claws
250 Ancient Bones
1 Gift of Mastery
1 Bloodstone Shard (200 needed)
250 Obsidian Shards (525,000 or 3750 or 250 Laurels needed)
1 Gift of Exploration (world completion required)
1 Gift of Battle (500 Badges of Honor needed)

HeXagonis [HeX]

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

What you need to craft the bifrost by yourself is:

Legendary Precursor
1 The Legend
Gift of The Bifrost
100 Icy Runestones 100 needed
1 Superior Sigil of Nullification
Gift of Energy
Gift of Color
250 Unidentified Dyes
100 Opal Orbs
1 Gift of Zhaitan
500 Shards of Zhaitan
1 Gift of Fortune
77 Mystic Clovers
?231 Obsidian Shards (485,100 or 3465 or 231 Laurels needed)
?231 Mystic Coins
?231 Globs of Ectoplasm
Fourth ingredient
?1386 Philosopher’s Stones (139 needed) (if making one at a time)
?231 Crystals (139 needed) (if making ten at a time)
250 Globs of Ectoplasm
1 Gift of Magic
250 Vials of Powerful Blood
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
250 Elaborate Totems
1 Gift of Might
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Armored Scales
250 Vicious Claws
250 Ancient Bones
1 Gift of Mastery
1 Bloodstone Shard (200 needed)
250 Obsidian Shards (525,000 or 3750 or 250 Laurels needed)
1 Gift of Exploration (world completion required)
1 Gift of Battle (500 Badges of Honor needed)

I can safely say I haven’t seen 98% of the items listed their before.
I assume it’s all expensive.

The Bifrost.

zargnath.9524

Yup. You can check them out by searching on the wiki page and you should get the information you need.

HeXagonis [HeX]

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

You assume well. Note that in the recipe he pasted, the component needed for every Gift is written under it. So for example, the Gift of Energy needs:

Crafting a legendary weapon is the longest thing you will get to do in this game, enjoy it! (One week and a half sounds unrealistic now doesn’t it?)

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

Yup. You can check them out by searching on the wiki page and you should get the information you need.

Yeah Wiki was no help, I may just watch a few vids.

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Its expensive in a lot of ways, cash just being one of them. There are elements of the legendary recipe that you can’t just buy with gold. For example you need to gain 500 badges of honour which you can only get by playing WvW, you need a bloodstone shard which costs 200 skill points ( so you won’t have those as soon as your character turns 80 – it will take some time). You will need to run a particular dungeon for 500 dungeon tokens to buy that specific gift (in the case of Bifrost this needs to be the Arah dungeon). You need 100% World map completion for the gift of exploration you receive and you will also need approx 1million karma saved up to buy obsidian shards – to make mystic clovers with and another stack for your gift of mastery.

The things you can buy with cash are the precursor, tier 6 mats (vicous fangs, crystalline dust, etc), globs of ectoplasm, opal orbs and unidenitified dyes – or you can choose to farm them yourself – in which case the big cost here is time not money.

If you really want the Bifrost you won’t be getting it any time soon unless you buy a finished one that is for sale on the TP. They aren’t supposed be an easy or quick thing to get. I advise you really understand what you are getting into if you decide to go for this – personally I’m working on the legendary Incinerator but I’m not expecting to be able to actually get it for a few more months yet.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

Its expensive in a lot of ways, cash just being one of them. There are elements of the legendary recipe that you can’t just buy with gold. For example you need to gain 500 badges of honour which you can only get by playing WvW, you need a bloodstone shard which costs 200 skill points ( so you won’t have those as soon as your character turns 80 – it will take some time). You will need to run a particular dungeon for 500 dungeon tokens to buy that specific gift (in the case of Bifrost this needs to be the Arah dungeon). You need 100% World map completion for the gift of exploration you receive and you will also need approx 1million karma saved up to buy obsidian shards – to make mystic clovers with and another stack for your gift of mastery.

The things you can buy with cash are the precursor, tier 6 mats (vicous fangs, crystalline dust, etc), globs of ectoplasm, opal orbs and unidenitified dyes – or you can choose to farm them yourself – in which case the big cost here is time not money.

If you really want the Bifrost you won’t be getting it any time soon unless you buy a finished one that is for sale on the TP. They aren’t supposed be an easy or quick thing to get. I advise you really understand what you are getting into if you decide to go for this – personally I’m working on the legendary Incinerator but I’m not expecting to be able to actually get it for a few more months yet.

Um. Lol

I have a thief for WvW which is 77 at the moment. I have never done a dungeon before. wtf 1m karma? What the heck is that? It took me ages to 200k.

I’m just saving up the 2,500G it seems quicker :P however I still want to try and make it seems like a massive accomplishment to say I made it.

The Bifrost.

Lexy.3912

I know, they’re not asking much are they ;-)

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

Actually.

Around 4 hours a day I spend on my thief in WvW getting Badges, after I get around 100 swap over and start to level my Ele, getting 100% area completion before moving on making sure to do daily tasks and looting everything, buy some gems and up my bank space and bag slots. Then just pick up everything and sell it on the TP/merchants if they offer better and slowly buy missing materials. Every 2 – 3 days swap over to my thief and get Badges.

Sure fire way to work towards it and not go crazy. :’D

The Bifrost.

Lexy.3912

Yes, it does help to have alts and most (but not all) elements of the recipe are account bound rather than soulbound. So you can use other characters to get badges from WvW or dungeon tokens – you can also buy obsidian shards with karma, fractal tokens or I think now laurels across any character and then pool them.

The only things I things are definitely soulbound are the bloodstone shard and the precursor if you choose to equip it to a character for use whilst you save up everything else.

Research here is your friend – there are some decent vid guides on youtube and some stuff on google – just be sure to check how recently stuff has been posted as there was a lot of conjecture at game release before people knew what the recipe really was. The crafting sub-forum here is a good place to see other people’s questions about legendary creation.

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

Instead of making a new thread and you seem rather helpful. I have never done a dungeon before, I tried solo once and a ghost like 2 hit me, lol.

Would using an ele be okay or do I need to use a class like warrior?

The Bifrost.

Lexy.3912

Dungeons are designed for parties of 5 – so going solo is not really an option. I use my ele for dungeons all the time – you might want to do a bit of build research and look at a couple of dungeon specific ele builds to help understand some of the skills, strategies that will be most useful to you and your team in a dungeon setting.

The best thing to do is to find a party who are looking to do the story mode of a dungeon rather than an explore mode (the wiki covers the difference). You won’t get tokens for doing the story mode but it can be an easier way to understand how dungeons work within the game. As you are nearly 80 you should be able to try most dungeons by now, the lowest one is lvl 30 for story or 35 for explore and after that they work their way up in level till you get to Arah which is lvl 80.

If you belong to a guild I would suggesting asking for help from the other members to make a dungeon party for either Ascalon Catacombs or Caudecus’s Manor in story mode. Then you can go on to run explore paths with your guild, people also set up groups using map chat (saying things like lfg AC story or lf2m CM exp) or the gw2lfg.com website.

Start by reading this if you haven’t already. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeons

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

To explain the process:

You use the Mystic Forge by putting in four certain items and receiving another certain item back- hence, it’s a recipe. Basically, what you’re doing here is putting in four components to make another component, then using the component you get from the forge in another recipe with three other items. You keep doing this until you finally have the three gifts and The Legend precursor, which you put in the forge to get Bifrost.

For example, to get the Gift of The Bifrost, you would put into the Forge:
-250 Piles of Crystalline Dust, 250 Piles of Incandescent Dust, 250 Piles of Luminous Dust, and 250 Piles of Radiant Dust to get the Gift of Energy
-250 Unidentified Dyes, 250 Piles of Crystalline Dust, 100 Opal Orbs, and 1 Gift of Zhaitan to get the Gift of Color
Then you would put the Gift of Color and the Gift of Energy along with a Superior Sigil of Nullification and 100 Icy Runestones into the Forge to get the Gift of The Bifrost. That’s pretty much the pattern along which all the gifts run- check the wiki list to see the ingredients needed for each gift.

I should finally mention that legendaries are meant to be long-term goals, obtainable by playing the game relatively normally- they’re meant to take at least a year to get, with the people who grind hardcore for theirs being anomalies. Don’t stress or assume you’ll be done with the weapon quickly.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

wtf 1m karma? What the heck is that? It took me ages to 200k.

The karma component is typically the easiest part of the legendary creation process. Are you completing your daily and/or monthly achievements? Those particular achievements reward jugs of liquid karma that give you 4,500 karma each (which can be boosted with karma boosters for even more karma). Each daily gets you one jug and each monthly gets you ten jugs.

If you run frequent dynamic events as well as regularly complete your daily and/or monthly achievements, you should have no problem getting the karma items needed for the legendary.

P.S. Keep in mind that legendary weapons are meant to be a long term character goal. There are many who have been in this game since launch who still don’t have them (myself included).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

The Bifrost.

Millionaires.4201

wtf 1m karma? What the heck is that? It took me ages to 200k.

The karma component is typically the easiest part of the legendary creation process. Are you completing your daily and/or monthly achievements? Those particular achievements reward jugs of liquid karma that give you 4,500 karma each (which can be boosted with karma boosters for even more karma). Each daily gets you one jug and each monthly gets you ten jugs.

If you run frequent dynamic events as well as regularly complete your daily and/or monthly achievements, you should have no problem getting the karma items needed for the legendary.

P.S. Keep in mind that legendary weapons are meant to be a long term character goal. There are many who have been in this game since launch who still don’t have them (myself included).

I do my daily every day, it was once my goal to have every legendary in the game, lol.
Monthly I’m struggling with as I’m not sure how to approach dungeons and I hate asking people for help.

The Bifrost.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Monthly I’m struggling with as I’m not sure how to approach dungeons and I hate asking people for help.

http://gw2lfg.com/ is your new best friend! Just post a new lfg and be sure to mention you’re new to dungeons and may need some extra guidance through. If you haven’t played any dungeons yet, my suggestion is to start out with some story modes first to get used to how dungeons work. Then once you feel comfortable with the difficulty level of the story modes, then start on the explorables. I suggest getting to a point where you’re running Arah Explorable on a regular basis since you have your eyes set on The Bifrost. You’ll need the Shards of Zhaitan reward from that particular dungeon to buy the Gift of Zhaitan needed for your Gift of Color.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi