The Little Details. Simply Amazing

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kittikat.2418

kittikat.2418

Not really asking for help. But wanted to see if anyone else noticed some of the amazing little details in the game. And see what you’ve noticed yourself!

For instance, what I noticed the other day was the way your character knew where it was standing. Like if I was half on and half off the stairs, my higher leg would bend and actually LOOK like I was standing on stairs or sideways on a hill with my feet on different steps or angled to follow a steep hill. As opposed to all the other games I’ve played so far where you’d be on a flat plane, no matter where you stood. Your furthest foot would just be standing on thin air.

Another thing I noticed were hills and inclines. The game knows when you’re facing downwards and points your toes down, to follow the incline of the hill. It knows when you’re facing upwards and it points your toes to the top. So your feet actually follow the lay of the terrain instead of just being flat footed with your toes pointed straight out when you’re going down, or digging into the mountain when you’re running up.

I absolutely LOVE the attention to the little details like that! I mean honestly, how many people would even know or care about the little things like that? And they take the extra time and care to go that extra step!

It just amazed me.

/fangirl

>^.^<

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

The whole game is pretty amazing. So far the only complaints I’ve heard are from people who say the dungeons are too hard (boo hoo), and people who are bored because they rushed to 80 and have nothing to do (awwwwwwww).

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

Posted by: NRChemicals.4029

NRChemicals.4029

lol, people who say dg’s are too hard are just butt hurt bc AC needs to be balanced. I haven’t had any problems since then except in explorer mode in Arah, which is to be expected..

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I am loving it… Only 10 percent of the map discovered so far but in each of those ten percents there is a huge amount of wonderful detail to be enjoyed. This is a really great game to just go slow, relax, and take it all in.

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

I love the standing animation too! I also tend to rubber-neck when I’m running through places. I noticed that my character’s head turns, not just the way that my camera is facing (sometimes I run sideways while craning my view upwards) but if I run past anything I have clicked on she stays looking at it.

I love how the NPC’s were having a conversation in Lion’s Arch tonight about the sewer system, and then 10 minutes later we found a deep hole within them that went no where really, but the detail under the water with the broken up ships…just beautiful.

Also, another thank you to the Norn that helped us to find the sewer for that POI and Karma seller.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I love the standing animation too! I also tend to rubber-neck when I’m running through places. I noticed that my character’s head turns, not just the way that my camera is facing (sometimes I run sideways while craning my view upwards) but if I run past anything I have clicked on she stays looking at it.

I love how the NPC’s were having a conversation in Lion’s Arch tonight about the sewer system, and then 10 minutes later we found a deep hole within them that went no where really, but the detail under the water with the broken up ships…just beautiful.

Also, another thank you to the Norn that helped us to find the sewer for that POI and Karma seller.

I’ve heard that there is a fish down there, kinda rare, that rangers are able to charm.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

The one thing that caught my eye is the skinner you made your character, the more your ribs show.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Purgatory.5296

Purgatory.5296

The detail in just about everything is amazing. Makes me miss the GW1 story mode cutscenes that much more.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

The story telling cut scenes and general layout is more fluid and interesting than in SWTOR imho.

Also, the characters move around like they have ADHD or something and its annoying in the character creation when you’re trying to eyeball fine details.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: AlphaMyk.8692

AlphaMyk.8692

The world was crafted with great care here. I love the little details, it helps draw me into the game. Some little things that stand out: Reading bits of books, the epitaphs of all the gravestones (some funny some quite sad), listening in on NPCs talk about things and then stumble upon little events.

This is the first game in a long time, that I can just chill, relax, and enjoy the world, and not have to be constantly fighting.

Posted by: Humonculus.5892

Humonculus.5892

These little details have been in games for a long time. I remember crysis 1 having the real terrain feet movement. How long ago was that released?

Posted by: triXXar.8154

triXXar.8154

These little details have been in games for a long time. I remember crysis 1 having the real terrain feet movement. How long ago was that released?

First person shooter ? MMORPG

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I like these details too, the animations when you’re idle and changing according to your stance, and it’s not just one, seems to be at least two.

How your character looks to someone when you’re targeted to them when walking (not standing thought). How your character “stops” and “starts” moving is pretty awesome.
I play with the camera really close to the character just to see these details, though the combat messages (like combos) could’ve been centered… I can’t see them when I’m like 1~2 zoom “outs” of the maximum.

There’s also a few invisible walls in some corners and random objects in the world which are really noticeable, but the incentive the game gives you to explore is just great.

I just hope they keep adding more and more!

Posted by: Azhrarn.6735

Azhrarn.6735

You might want to watch your character when you’re sending and receiving mail.
A carrier pigeon comes and drops off/picks up the message you just got or sent. And when you’re underwater and this happens you get an aquatic bird swimming by to do the job.

It’s a tiny detail, but it’s out in the world, so you can actually see people around you receiving mails too.

Posted by: cosmatman.9306

cosmatman.9306

I’ve noticed a lot of the little details too.

-When underwater with your weapon slung, you do the breast stroke. When you are on the surface you do the overhead stroke.

-when playing a human they actually tilt their head to the side bring their rifle/pistol up and i’m almost certain they squint one eye too.

-when playing an Asura with a staff equipped and in the ready state (after using a spell for example) wait for your Asura to twirl the staff. Now look very closely at your Asuras head movement and their mouth.

-wish there was a list of emotes, but a lot of the Asura ones crack me up. Threaten where they put up their dukes point to their own eyes. Surprised where they are scared for a second, then they stop screaming and hunch down and look and tilt their head back and forth.

-Another Asura one is when you have something like a rifle or greatsword equipped and you strafe left/right and stop watch their feet. Also with Asura and greatswords/hammers they prop it up on their shoulders when they run with it (unless it is sheathed).

(edited by cosmatman.9306)

Posted by: Greypoint.7509

Greypoint.7509

Best thing that happened to me, I was wandering around in this forest in Lornar’s Pass, looking for a couple of random questing buddies I’d run into in a nearby cave. I had gotten turned around when we exited the cave and they went one way and I went the other, so I was kind of moving around randomly looking for them, but not really going anywhere. After about ten seconds of this, my character suddenly said “Where am I?”. I was acting like I was lost (because I kinda was), so my character started to act like he was lost.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the event (moving around erratically, or going back and forth over and over again, or spinning in circles), so I don’t really know what it was that I was doing… but it was still pretty cool

Posted by: manwhat.1745

manwhat.1745

If you go somewhere where there’s tall crops, like in Gendarran Fields, and you fire a ranged weapon, the grass will bend like it was disturbed by the projectile rushing through it. It’s a really cool little touch that I didn’t expect to see.

Posted by: Soderham.1620

Soderham.1620

Agreed. The detail is amazing. Really enjoying this game! Every game has its bugs to work out but what an awesome job they did on GW2 (IMO).

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Remember that this section is for helping other players, so keep in mind to make threads which asks for help.

But yes, the game details are stunning. The talking NPCs, the piano you could play on in Ebonhawk, stuff you can pick up and use, and funny messages which are in New Krytan but you can translate it to english and read funny things.

And not to talk about the gravestones.

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

Remember that this section is for helping other players, so keep in mind to make threads which asks for help.

I need help knowing what little details everyone likes so far abot the game. Would you guys please continue helping?

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

Posted by: kittikat.2418

kittikat.2418

But yes, the game details are stunning. The talking NPCs, the piano you could play on in Ebonhawk, stuff you can pick up and use, and funny messages which are in New Krytan but you can translate it to english and read funny things.

And not to talk about the gravestones.

As of right now, there is still a lack of “general discussion” forums. And I figured a little nice pick-me-up while asking what your personal favorite detailed moment in the game would be something fun to do