The Mystic Forge

The Mystic Forge

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

Is the Mystic Forge worth it? I understand that it is needed in order to craft Legendaries, but is it worth the hassle with anything else? At the present, I am trying to make money, and I’ve seen the MF at LA, and heard random people talking about it in the Cursed Shore, so I decided to give it a go. I threw in 4 rares (on the TP, each one went for almost a gold) and the weapon that came out…was worth 23 silver.

Now, I understand that everything with the Mystic Forge is a chance, so I tried it 3 more times. Every time, I was given a weapon that was worth less than the four I had put in. When I put in 4 greens though, I did get a nice rare, but that’s about it.
It seems like a cool concept, but I don’t want to waste my time with it if it’s just going to cost me items and potential gold.

So, what do you guys think? Does the Mystic Forge have a place outside of Legendaries? Is my RNG just really bad? Is Zommoros just a big jerk?

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Vivcent.9107

Vivcent.9107

The mystic forge or..mystic toilet can be used for other things as well. There are recipes out there that will yield guaranteed results. One of the things I use it for fairly often is upgrading crafting materials. It’s possible to convert t5 crafting to t6 crafting mats. It’s still risky and there isn’t a profit to be made there. But it’s sometimes cheaper then buying the t6 mats outright. Otherwise, there’s also mystic weapons, and other weapon recipe. The last thing I can think of is upgrading siege for wvw. The difference between an regular ram and a superior ram is pretty significant.

Anyway here’s the article for the mystic forge from the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge

Valkyria Immortalis[VLK] – HoD
Mergh/Warrior

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Like Viv said there are recipes (feasts, mystic salvage kits/weapon, etc) with guaranteed results but imo the rest of it is simply not worth it. There is a reason why a lot of us refer to it as the Mystic Toilet, and it’s broken. Often all you get is kitten back.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

I found that it was better to sell your blues and greens, to a vendor then throw it in the MF. I might consider breakign down a green if it has a good Rune/Sigil on it. But typically I just vendor them. Most rares I keep, for now as I am leveling more alts to 80 so level 80 rares I tend to keep for now. I have yet to try some MF recipes but maybe sometime in the future it might be worth it.

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I throw my rares in because I usually end up with an exotic worth maybe 4g. But i just have really good luck with it i guess.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I heard somewhere there’s a 20% chance 4 masterwork will give you a rare.
if that’s the case: if you put 400 masterwork (about 8g value) in there, you will get 20 rares out (worth about 6g) + 80 masterwork → 4 more rares (worth about 1.2g). So net minor loss; more if you intend to then sell the rares.
if you put 400 rares in it (120g value) = 24 exotic (let’s say 4g each = 96g value)
huh, what about fine? 400 fine (2.4g) = 24 masterwork (0.48g)
I guess masterwork→rare has the largest percent increase in price (I used 60c, 2s, 30s, 4g)

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

20% was the rate observed in this thread for going from rare → exotic, using a sample of 1400 weapons (350 combines at the mystic forge)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11879a/more_legendary_precursor_crafting_research/

The Mystic Forge

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

Hey thanks for all of the answers guys.

Looks like for now, I’m just going to try and stay away from it, focus on making money. When I get ready to craft my Legendary, that’s when I’ll make my way back to the Mystic Forge. Thanks for all of the help!