The Second Great GW2 Art Competition!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

[Too long, get to the point!: Art competition, rules below, GOLD prizes, bonus competition.]

Prologue

I am Sylvari explorer Thereon Avenrise. I have traversed the highest of mountains, delved into the deepest of caves. I have stood side by side with the greatest fighters in all of Tyria. I have spent my life defending those that cannot defend themselves. But slowly I came to realise that my adventuring days were over. Remembering times of old I asked artists from all over Tyria to recreate my adventuring days of old. I received many masterpieces and after a short time crowed the winners. With the grand event over I left and to find some peace amongst the forest.

One year later, having returned to the dreadful tales of Mordremoth and the worrying discovery of Balthazar walking amongst us, I feel the need to lend my hand in the battle of good against unknown evil. My fighting days are long over, my weapons mounted to the walls of my homestead becoming one with the structure as I have become one with the forest. But a wise Asuran friend once told me “You need insurance, Miss Avenrise…. against the ills that could threaten your ways” and so I put some rare materials into a secure vault for such a catastrophic event. I have a frightful feeling that such ills are about to present themselves and so I hereby declare that I will free up my resources to all those that deem themselves worthy of them.

In the face of extreme danger calmness must take precedence. I see no better way to become one with thyself than with the creation of art and so, with the days counting down until the return to The Crystal Desert, I propose the SECOND Great Art Competition.

The Competition!

I quit playing GW2 a long time ago and realised that I had a lot left on my account. I ran an art competition (original thread HERE) to give away everything I owned and left the game with some amazing artwork for my gold, gems and items. Shortly after that I realised I hadn’t checked my mule guild banks- I found that the mats I kept for future equipment were now worth a lot. So… another competition anyone!?

I have posted a series of screenshots to an Imgur account linked below and it is your task to use what you can see in addition to the added rules to create a visual masterpiece! This could make a great solo project or an even greater guild event in the run up to the next expansion and I encourage everyone to participate no matter how skilled you think you are.

Click HERE for the Imgur Screenshot Album

The Prizes

1st Place: 2000 Gold.
2nd Place: 1000 Gold.
3rd Place: 500 Gold.

Raffle: 225 Gold. (This will go to an entrant chosen at random from all qualifying entries except 1st-3rd places).

I understand that not everyone is convinced of their artistic talent but I encourage all to try, even just for the chance of the raffle prize! Prizes will be given out as promptly as possible at the end of the competition (note the 500g/week mail cap). For proof of Gold see the Imgur album… plus I fully paid the previous competition prizes!

The competition will end: 21st September 2017, one day before the Path of Fire launch. Good luck!

Entrants

1) sithious (via email).
2) Huntsforge (via email).

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

(edited by Thereon.3495)

Thereon.3495

Bonus Round!

If this is against the rules of the forum I apologise! I shall remove this post and link to a GW2 Reddit post.

I have played a few MMOs in my time, most small and unheard of, and have nothing to show for my time spent in them and so I figure I can be cheeky and use GW2 Gold to get some more great art out of you talented people! Rules are as above, using the second album link below which has screenshots taken from a couple of other MMOs that I have fond memories of.

Click HERE for the Bonus Round Album

The Prizes

1st Place: 950 Gold.
2nd Place: 125 Gold & TWO extra Raffle entries.
3rd Place: ONE extra Raffle entry.

Note that these raffle entries given as prizes here are valid for all entrants, including those that place 1st-3rd in the main competition. Prizes will be given out providing that there are more than five valid entries.

The competition will end: 21st September 2017 (although I reserve the right to extend)

(edited by Thereon.3495)

Thereon.3495

Feel free to discuss here or ask any questions, i’ll try to answer ASAP.

Posted by: Gentleman.9637

Gentleman.9637

So what I’ve gathered is that we just create whatever comes to mind from seeing these screenshots, or do you have a particular theme in mind?
This is too tempting to not try

What an exquisite derriere

Thereon.3495

So what I’ve gathered is that we just create whatever comes to mind from seeing these screenshots, or do you have a particular theme in mind?
This is too tempting to not try

Apologies for not replying sooner- the submission must be showing my character. Everything else- the location/setting, the pose, the type of artwork is up to you providing they don’t show anything that is part of the expansions. I quit before Thorns came out.

I have made some clarifications to the rules in the Imgur screenshot folder.

Posted by: Faizu.8125

Faizu.8125

you’re back! raise hand i wanna join again~!!

Thereon.3495

“I hereby proclaim that you should enter again!”- King Zibbidy, Lord of the Zods.

Posted by: Faizu.8125

Faizu.8125

“I hereby proclaim that you should enter again!”- King Zibbidy, Lord of the Zods.

weeeee~~~~

Thereon.3495

Just the one entrant so far, with a couple of other interested partys sketching away… feel free to join in!

No matter how good or bad you think you are, what have you got to lose? Theoretically, even if it was the worse, most eye-scratchingly terrible picture it’s only me that’s going to see it!

Thereon.3495

With less than three weeks left I hoped for some more entrants by this point! Come earn some precious gold before the expansion hits…if you’re currently not in game and are awaiting the new content what have you got to lose?!

(As a reminder, no prizes will be paid out if there are less than five entrants.)

Posted by: Sea.8425

Sea.8425

Interesting…. count me in! Always looking for excuses to get on with more art practices…
I just started playing a week ago / just saw this thread now. About 15 days aye…. let’s see how hard I can procrastinate this time

Thereon.3495

Haha, welcome on board!

Thereon.3495

Added Huntsforge as an entrant.

Couple more weeks to go and only two entrants! Have to be in it to win it, as they say!

Posted by: maelstrom.6492

maelstrom.6492

I’ll give it a go.