The eye color of the Nightmare (heavy) Helm.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Q:

I have had my Nightmare Helm from TA for a while and I wonder how people change the eye color of the helmet. I’ve seen red, dark blue and dark purple colors on players, although no matter what dyes I use the eyes on my helmet remain gray.

I asked this one player and he only replied “use black cherry”. Well, I dyed the whole helmet with black cherry and the eyes were gray, rest of the helmet red.

Am I missing one dye spot from the helm? I have three on it at the moment.

Attachments:

Ibbuli.4027

Shameless self-bump. I’ve asked around the game for ages and no one usually even answers or then just say “I dunno, I don’t have the helm”.

Posted by: Kushkah.2935

Kushkah.2935

Are you Sylvari? The TA armor is like the Sylvari cultural ones in that it takes some of the Sylvari’s skin color into it. I don’t know for sure that’s whats happening with the eyes but if you’ve seen different colors and can’t dye it, it’s all I can think of.. Makes sense I guess if you’re Human/Norn it would just stay gray.

Ibbuli.4027

My character wearing the helm is sylvari with black + red colored skin and glow and red eyes.

I guess the character on the screenie is human if I remember correctly. I think you can see a bit of his throat on the picture.