The not most used class/race combos

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sdt.1697

sdt.1697

I’m think coming back to this game and starting all over. I would like to know what class/race combos that are not seen that much. Like for expected. I think a Sylvari Engineer would be a rare sight.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Female charr light armor classes. Sylvari, human, and asura anythings are pretty common.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

lol my mesmer is a female charr, but your point stands. light armor charr are a rarity (largely cuz light armor looks so bad on male charr).

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

From my own casual observations:

Charr Mesmer
Female charr, in general
Norn Revenant
Sylvari Engineer (although I did start to see more after Scarlett)
Asura Ranger or Warrior

That’s not to say that I never see these combos, but they’re definitely less common than your stereotypical Charr Warrior, Norn Ranger, etc.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Does it really matter? Millions of players, many more millions of characters… sorry you’re not going to be unique. My initial engineer was/is a female sylvari, I have multiple asura rangers, and a couple of asura warriors.

So play what you want and don’t worry about what others are playing.

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

Charr Mesmers.

I have a female Charr elementalist, because Flame Legion. <3

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I dont think Anet has posted any stats since the year one info but I am not really sure.

Mesmer/Engineer tied for least played profession while Charr was least played race.

Warrior and Humans was by far the most common.

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Hi,

Somebody made a huge profession/race survey in reddit some time ago. In the results of that poll it shows that Norn Thieves are the most rare combo, followed by charr mesmer, charr elementalist and Norn Engineer.

Here is a link to the reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4zkvrl/gw2_race_and_profession_survey_august_2016

Posted by: sdt.1697

sdt.1697

I would like to thank everyone who posted their ideas and to Coinhead for giving me the website to that survey. thanks to that I was able to make my decide who I should make. I decide to go with the three race of Asura, Norn, and Charr as I find them the most interesting. one male and female of this three races. I also want with my favorite six classes as you could only make 6 without paying for more spots.
With that the six are. Revenants Asura, Engineer Norn, Necromancers Norn, Warrior Asura, Ranger Charr and Elementalist Charr.
You might be wondering why I’m telling you this, will since I’m planning on making a male and female of each of this three I got to ask. What gender looks better in their armor. Like people saw that the male charr’s look bad in light armor then female I would like to ask your guys thought on what gender of this three races looks better in the class armor classes. Notice I will not be changed their class on what you saw which race look better in which armor. There will stay in class I have thought of. I’m just asking what gender look best in the three different armor types

(edited by sdt.1697)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The problem with light armor charr is that they are basically human armor skins stretched to fit a charr’s body, and look just plain goofy. I guess some people feel you can make a prettier female charr than a serious male charr. It took me ages to make a female charr necro that I didn’t think looked ridiculous.

Female norn engi will look way better than a male IMO, females are completely proportional and the males are ludicrously buff to the point they look like caricatures.

Asura don’t really have secondary sex characteristics so it sort of doesn’t matter.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Somebody made a huge profession/race survey in reddit some time ago. In the results of that poll it shows that Norn Thieves are the most rare combo, followed by charr mesmer, charr elementalist and Norn Engineer.

My charr is a necromancer, but is it weird that I have a norn thief and a norn engineer?

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I feel like all light armour in the game is made for Human, Sylvari and Norn females. All other race/gender combinations look notoriously awful in light armour, comparitavely.

I’ve been maining male human Mesmer since launch, so this is a problem I’ve been dealing with for some time. :P

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I have a Charr Mesmer
Norn Necro is another I don’t see often.
I have both, both are male too.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”