Thief Stealth

Thief Stealth

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

Q:

I was just in a pvp match as a thief, another player was also a thief, yet he seemed to be bypassing the revealed affect somehow, is there a method of doing this? or was he probably hacking?

i know there are many ways to gain stealth, but not for the durations he had going, he seemed to be stealthed indefinitely WHILE continuously attacking the general/commander whatever that things called that u earn points for eliminating.

Thief Stealth

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Cloak and Dagger is what I think he was using.

Thief Stealth

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yeah. Cloak and dagger cost 6 influence for 3 seconds stealth. together with the melt with shadow’s trait you can get that up to 4 seconds. Use infusion of shadow’s trait to gain 2 initiative (basicly only making the cost of the skill only 4 influence). With the patience trait you gain another influence point within those 4 seconds of stealth. This means the effective cost is 3 influence for 4 seconds of stealth. You always gain 3 influence every 1.33 seconds. So in those 4 seconds you also get those back, meaning you can spam the skill constantly to deal damage when cloaked.

You can utilize more traits to gain more initiative so it would be easier to maintain the stealth.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Thief Stealth

Ghin.1653

that doesnt make much sense to me, since when i tried to use cloak and dagger repeatedly like that to REMAIN stealthed on a dummy, i couldnt avoid the revealed affect. please explain how cloak and dagger bypasses revealed.

Thief Stealth

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

that doesnt make much sense to me, since when i tried to use cloak and dagger repeatedly like that to REMAIN stealthed on a dummy, i couldnt avoid the revealed affect. please explain how cloak and dagger bypasses revealed.

Don’t hit something while in stealth. If you want to remain in stealth, try to use it to the fullest of it’s duration. From there, you can use other stealth skills, such as Blinding Powder or Shadow’s Refuge

Thief Stealth

Ghin.1653

What about Reaper of Grenth Elite, would that break stealth? can you even stealth while using that? i know u cant use in pvp but still interesting thought.