This isn't really going anywhere..

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Hey all. I’ve been pretty much re-rolling since Beta. Went though A LOT of characters. From necros to warriors to thieves ect. I made an engie a while ago, got it to 80. It is the first class I ever got to 80. I really enjoy playing an engineer but I hate the fact that it’s not fantasy enough. Modern weaponry is something that bothers me. I tried a Mesmer out in sPvP. I really liked it and found a great mesmer build that is easy(ish) to play and is epic in WWW. Pwns 1v1 or in zergs. My problem is I DO NOT want to have two characters. It’s just too much to be handled financially and time wise. It takes me cca 2h to get started on it and then 80h to get it to lvl 80 then we have the money for the gear and weapons.. I really don’t want to delete my engineer as I love it a lot and I’ve got 50 gold into him, but I also really want a mesmer.. So I a) keep my engineer or b) make a mesmer, delete the engineer (will also delete 90h of my time + 50-60 gold). What should I do? Cheers.

Pineapples rule

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

first world problems?

just create the mesmer, why would you need to delete anything, you can always buy new character slot if you run out of them

as for your engineer, place him at the end of some complicated jumping puzzle, so that you don’t want to move him again. and use him only for dailies and some silvers from jp chest

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Why would you delete your engi? As for gold.. once you actually play your level 80 for a while, gold isn’t much of an issue.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

There is no fee for having two characters, so I don’t quite get how having two is a financial problem.

Give your engineer a vacation! Place him or her at a daily chest and log on once a day to get the goodies. Take enough salvage kits.

Make the mesmer and enjoy a new perspective. See if you like it or not.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

All gold, laurels, karma, etc are for the whole account now. They are no longer tied to a particular character.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you’ve already spent the time and gold on your engineer, deleting him will mean deleting that time/gold. You won’t get it back. You would then have to spend the time and gold on the mesmer anyway.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

What the others said. Gold is pretty easy to get especially at high levels. And no need to delete anything.

As an aside, any chance you’d be willing to share the “easy to play, epic at WWW” mesmer build? Here or PM is fine. Thanks.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you aren’t short of character slots, why in the World would you even consider deleting a LVL 80 you admit to enjoying?

I think there may be some other underlying issues here that are completely unrelated to any video games….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances