Time for the search Feathers/Wings of Dwayna?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

Anyone interested in trying to find out what the recipe could be? Because I am.

I absolutely love the skin for them, and I know The Lover share the same skin as Feathers of Dwayna, but it seems making it is far more attainable than acquiring a precursor.
So, here’s what we know:

*We know it’s most likely a mythic forge recipe. There was a reddit thread about it and have evidence to support this, which essentially it’s based on chat codes (I believe it says the mythic forge items are in alphabetical order. I would link it but I’m at work and reddit is a dangerous place to go to at work)
*because of the above, we know it’ll use one Eldrich scroll each, and based on mythic forge patterns, they’ll need probably 250 oricalcum longbow/shortbow staves
*I believe the missing puzzle is the 4th ingredient, which no one seems to know what it can possible be at the moment.

Any thoughts? Any Idea? Perhaps any of the ANet guys can give us a small clue?

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19c45y/feathers_of_dwayna/
Looks like Gift of Weather is out. Back to square one. Any other possibilities? Aside that it some how can be a drop?

(edited by Helenorz.2547)

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

i bet its just our luck that it is the gift of light.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I’d wager the missing element is one of the Gifts, which one I have no clue, but it shouldn’t be too hard for people with them to just test the MF to see. Really quick way would be for people to say what Gifts they have available(try to find one of each, or at least the ones we KNOW might work), and then have some people pony up for the long/shortbow staves just to see if it says “possible recipe”.

Helenorz.2547

indeed. it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s one of the gifts. I would love to test things out, but I don’t have any of the gifts nor am I close to any of them at all to test it myself. It would be a nice goal for me though, to make those bows

Helenorz.2547

So, Gift of Light can be ruled out, as orichalchum longbow/shortbow staves with gift of light is a recipe used to make azureflame and aether.

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

If it is indeed a MF recipe, the possible Gift would be Gift of Weather. Which cost the same as Gift of Light and is use to craft low popularity Legendary the Meteorlogicus.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I made this exact same thread yesterday. Guess where it is now. No really, guess.

I’ll give you a hint (it’s in here)

I’m not sure why the mods moved it. Maybe it was because of the way I worded the title, or maybe I’m about to say too much and earn myself an infraction.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Helenorz.2547

If it is indeed a MF recipe, the possible Gift would be Gift of Weather. Which cost the same as Gift of Light and is use to craft low popularity Legendary the Meteorlogicus.

I really like Meteorlogicus, and if it’s gift of weather, getting all that lodestone is going to be PAINFUL. Either way though…someone mentioned weather is a possibility unless it’s more a Melandru thing, which i’m not familiar with GW lore, so I’m not sure myself.

I made this exact same thread yesterday. Guess where it is now. No really, guess.

I’ll give you a hint (it’s in here)

I’m not sure why the mods moved it. Maybe it was because of the way I worded the title, or maybe I’m about to say too much and earn myself an infraction.

oh, er, that’s interesting. It makes more sense to discussion as technically speaking, no one can help us, no?

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Well, I’ve decided to bite the bullet and make Frenzy, so I’ll be getting a Gift of Water soon.

I’ll see if that has anything to do with the bow.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Helenorz.2547

Well, I’ve decided to bite the bullet and make Frenzy, so I’ll be getting a Gift of Water soon.

I’ll see if that has anything to do with the bow.

that would be fantastic! any help is better than no help!

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

maybe its a sort of recipe which needs very rare-dropping items like Immobulus?

Helenorz.2547

maybe its a sort of recipe which needs very rare-dropping items like Immobulus?

Gift of Weather is out of the question now. someone on reddit tried it out and it didn’t work

Posted by: Uzzwick.8457

Uzzwick.8457

Ok let’s try light!

all is vain

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Maybe consider it’s a drop from a chest the same way Final Rest was? Considering Final Rest was “bugged” to drop, this could be the same for the Bows. Anet’s silence on the matter can mean several things considering they were somewhat vocal about Final Rest.

We just dont know the event/area for the drop, could be some far off place that has to do with the Bow’s Lore. I think it’s a drop rather MF crafted.

Helenorz.2547

Maybe consider it’s a drop from a chest the same way Final Rest was? Considering Final Rest was “bugged” to drop, this could be the same for the Bows. Anet’s silence on the matter can mean several things considering they were somewhat vocal about Final Rest.

We just dont know the event/area for the drop, could be some far off place that has to do with the Bow’s Lore. I think it’s a drop rather MF crafted.

well, the theory out there is that it is not a drop due to the chat code pattern. Basically, the chat code for mythic forge items is in alphabetically order. see this reddit post for explanation. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/18mqfi/chat_codes_wisteria_shard_of_the_deep_final_rest/

I also tried using crystal lodestones and charged lodestones to see if it’ll pop up, but when I put the coins and lodestones in, the ori bow staves won’t even come up, so those are out of the question.

Someone mentioned perhaps it’s gift of knowledge (requires dungeon tokens) or the gift of water, but those haven’t been tested.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Wings of Dwayna’s recipe was just found yesterday:

1 eldritch scroll
1 gift of light
100 mystic coins
20 superior sigils of purity

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1a705t/wings_of_dwayna_found/