Titles and 100% completion star not visible enough.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sylvan.4125

Sylvan.4125

I have stated it pretty clearly in the title but I will offer a bit more explanation to my point.

When you gain a title, for example ‘Closer to the stars’ from HoM I expected the title to be there for all to see, to I will admit show off a bit and say to everyone look I got 30/50. That may sound dumb but lets be honest that’s why titles are there, not for our own satisfaction of having a list of them in a menu but for us to run around and other players see them.

Currently the title only shows up when you target a player and even then it is very small and a lot of my guild didn’t even notice that was a title for a good while.

The issue may sound small to some of you and I know we are all still pretty excited about the game to not really worry about these things but I am thinking about the future. As every player is sat on an equal plane with access to all gear and no traditional progression based gear, titles will become pretty important to those players who want to stand out even more.

I feel that an option to have the title with your name or under your name would be a much better solution and thus give the people still craving that little bit of progression something to aim for to show off as it were.

As for the 100% star I think it’s an awesome idea but it should be next the players name not their health bar when you are in a party or hover over them.

From what I see I assume this is to do with ANet wanting all aspects of the UI to be minimalistic, but they also want everyone to be individual, for me these small little changes would keep a lot more people happy.

Thanks for reading this ramble, I would like to hear other people’s thoughts!

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Totally agree you barely notice those titles.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

Yeah it’s dumb, It brings abit of uniqueness to your character. But hey! AN like being different.. Bad title system and no duel. er

Blue… My name is a colour.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I wear a title myself, but really.. I would rather not have the extra text cluttering the screen above every character’s head. Because of that I appreciate the fact that it only shows up when you target a specific player – it allows you to focus on them and thier title rather than a sea of titles.

I would suggest having it as an option – allowing players to choose whether or not to see titles all the time, only when a target is selected, or never – but I suspect that’s not going to make you happy if you want everyone to see your title (regardless of whether they actually want to or not).

I would be happy if I could just target my character and see my own title for a moment.

Posted by: Ralcore.9354

Ralcore.9354

I am looking forward to unlocking a title or two, and now that you mention it, I am sure I’ve never noticed a title on another player before. Now that I know where to look though, I’m sure I will start seeing more and more. I imagine as the game gets older and older, more people will become aware of titles and where to see them, and they will be noticed more often.

80 Norn Guardian “Professor Whom”
<80 Char Warrior “Ralcore”

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

I’ve never seen anyone with any titles.

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

I haven’t noticed any titles on anybody and in all honesty I don’t care either. It’s just irrelevant clutter. I know we all like showing off our achievements, but I don’t care about your achievements and you probably don’t care about mine.

Posted by: Sylvan.4125

Sylvan.4125

I haven’t noticed any titles on anybody and in all honesty I don’t care either. It’s just irrelevant clutter. I know we all like showing off our achievements, but I don’t care about your achievements and you probably don’t care about mine.

I appreciate your view on this but then that’s why I see it as more of an option rather than forcing them down everyone’s throats.

I have to disagree entirely though as I like running around a main city or out in the world spotting someone with a title and be like ‘Wow, he must be good to have got X’ it’s just another of the social aspects of the MMO world I have come to enjoy.