To salvage or not to salvage

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Hello guys,

I need a couple of advice and opinion about this and i am well aware of the decision i have to make so i’d probably get the answer; it’s all up to you to decide.

Salvaging greens and blues provides me a luck essence which could either be green, blue, yellow etc etc.

I can keep on earning points for my luck but then i just realized that the magic find stat is currently capped at 300% Max. Should i keep on raising my luck? What am i supposed to do with those essence once i achieve the 300?

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Reaching 300% mf is going to take about 3 million luck so I’d say you won’t have to worry about reaching it any time soon.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

everything that doesn’t ask me twice when i salvage has to go

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

You’re not going to get to 300%

Anyway, if you want a moderate option, I’d say get enough luck to get to around 80-100% magic find because it’s much easier than getting magic find past that. You might as well collect on some of that cheap easy magic find.

Greens and blues are selling pretty well these days, so it’s up to you when to stop.

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

My plan is to salvage everything until i get about 70-75% MF. then i sell the greens and salvage only the blues i think.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

50% now playing casually.

F I R S T.3976

Thank you very much for the advice and opinions. I’ll take on chickenshoes advice and probably sell my stuffs once i reach that 100% mf.

This is an open topic for everyone and hopefully it helps other players like me who’s in doubt on what to do. More advice and opinion is pretty much appreciated. Again, thank you all.

F I R S T.3976

Btw, you do get something from salvaging aside from luck essence but i’ve noticed that i not quite much compared to selling it to the npc. Im actually thinking of salvaging my blues which cost less than a silver and sell greens at npc. (Level 80 to be specific)

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

You can sell even blues on TP, because with the essences they sell for quite a lot.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I suspect the price of blues and greens on the TP is going to drop a bit once the people who want extra magic find ASAP reach their personal goals.

So for now I’m selling anything that goes for more than the merchant price and salvaging anything left over.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My plan is to salvage everything until i get about 70-75% MF. then i sell the greens and salvage only the blues i think.

This is what I plan to do. I usually collect up a bunch of greens first and then run them by the TP sell screen to see if anything jumps out or if I have enough of one type to flush down the Mystic Loo (don’t do that much any longer). Usually just salvage them on the spot at this point. I’m at 35% MF at the moment.

So for now I’m selling anything that goes for more than the merchant price and salvaging anything left over.

Keep in mind that you need to look at the PROFIT number, not the buy order price when doing this. Don’t loose money because of the TP commission.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

F I R S T.3976

Im already at 100% mf and noticed that my golds progress isn’t getting any better compared to before anet brought out that essence. I’ve come to a point where in i started to get frustrated with what im doing.

Selling at tp is not that of a bigger deal. imagine how many different types of greens and blues are there. You’ll have to pay for the listing fee of 10%(or is it 5?) and hope that somebody buys it…basically you still might have to wait and hope for the best. Of course people would always go for the lowest price.

The good thing about salvaging is when you get lucky and acquire high end materials but you still need to consider how much the item is worth.

Greens would sell for at least more than a silver or 2 while blue cost for less than a silver. If you sell those items at the trading post, the average you could get for a profit is somewhere around 40c if you’re willing to wait.

Overall i think it is better to salvage blue and sell green.

(edited by F I R S T.3976)

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I’ve never had any difficulty just selling everything on the TP at ‘match lowest offer’. Even whites often go for better than vendor price.

Occasionally something will hang a week or two but I just re-list it. I inevitably make more than the salvage ever gets me.

The only thing I consider salvaging is valuable upgrades from my own used gear. Then I use the Black Lion kit to make sure.