Tools vendor in Queensdale starter area?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kyranna.1730

Kyranna.1730

Pardon what may be the greenest of the newbie questions. I started playing GW2 a week ago and am pretty overwhelmed with the amount of info to ingest.

Having said that, my question is very simple. In Queensdale area, after the Defense of Shaemoor mission, you could buy the three gathering tools and the crude salvage kit from the merchant inside the inn. That vendor is no longer there, post the feature pack release.

So where can I buy the gathering/salvage tools in the starter Queensdale area?

Thank you for any help.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Truthfully, I don’t know about Queensdale now.

Can you get into Lions Arch? How about WvW? Vendors in Lions Arch (and maybe WvW) should sell the tools. If you go to WvW and buy them you can leave and arrive at the spot you left from. [use the “leave instance” icon on bottom right of the WvW panel].

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Are there even nodes left in the starting zones anymore?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Astral Projections.7320

Are there even nodes left in the starting zones anymore?

Yes, I saw the first ones past the level 6 heart.

Kyranna.1730

Thanks for the tip, Astral. I will do that.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is also a vendor right next to the Divinity’s Reach bank, the sylvari standing there. She sells all levels of tools up to orichalcum.

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

I think they’re sold in the western-most house as you reach the crossing, coming down the road from Divinity’s Reach. I could be mistaken though.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Kyranna.1730

I think they’re sold in the western-most house as you reach the crossing, coming down the road from Divinity’s Reach. I could be mistaken though.

That’s the inn, right? That’s where they used to be sold, but post-Feature Pack, the vendor has been removed.

I was able to get the tools from a vendor in Divinity Reach.

Posted by: Mavorian.5346

Mavorian.5346

Our wise all-knowing overlords decided it was too confusing to be able to do such things as collect crafting materials for the first few levels. So not only will you not find gathering tools, but the nodes have been removed until you’ve been instructed how to press 1,2,3 a few hundred times.

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

You’re toon has been deemed to worthy of carrying the mighty sickle.

Posted by: PrinceWarhero.4256

PrinceWarhero.4256

Yes the resource nodes have been removed , i think you will be able to access crafting only on level 12 , so may be then you can see the vendor

see Here!

Returning player looking for lots of adventure, join me and we can journey together in Tyria !!

(edited by PrinceWarhero.4256)

Astral Projections.7320

Yes the resource nodes have been removed , i think you will be able to access crafting only on level 12 , so may be then you can see the vendor

see Here!

You get a note (aka a hint) about crafting at that level. If you look at the top of that chart you see the headings “unlock” “rewards” “notes”

That one is a note.

I crafted to gain some levels at level 4.
Here is a thread from a guy trying to work out how to key farm. He is trying crafting here at level 2 after leaving the starting instance.
key farming and crafting to level.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think the nodes are all there, there is just now a specific level at which they start showing up on the map…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From what I’ve seen, the nodes don’t start showing up till the mid-later sections of the starter maps. I brought my level 80 characters back to Caledon and Plains of Ashford last night to do the new Hearts. No sign of any harvesting nodes near the start, when you’d normally see some Onions, Kertch and Blueberry Bushes around.

Posted by: PrinceWarhero.4256

PrinceWarhero.4256

Ya I also experienced the same in wayfarer foot hills , there are no nodes in the starting area (non-snow covered), i was able to see the nodes only around the frozen maw area.

Returning player looking for lots of adventure, join me and we can journey together in Tyria !!