Training Manual problem

Training Manual problem

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Pookie.4079

Pookie.4079

I am on level 60 and just bought the Master’s Training Manual (requires level 40) and it won’t activate. Surely this is not because I am level 60?

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Did you use one already? Because if you did, you now need the level 60 one. If you didn’t, did you check before buying that the instructor was the one of your class?

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Black Haw.1697

Black Haw.1697

You need each manual that came before them such as in order to use the level 40 one you have to buy the level 11 one and use it. It is annoying and I wasn’t aware of this until I tried to use the level 60 one with out having the level 40 one.

Best of luck,

Black Haw

Training Manual problem

Pookie.4079

I bought the lvl 11 one quite a long time ago and used it. Now I bought the lvl 40 one and it would not activate so I sold it. I just bought the lvl 60 one and instead of giving me extra traits it just removed all my traits and made me reselect my choices. I could have paid to retrain at a fraction of the cost. I got no extra slots and now I am heavily out of pocket!!!!

Training Manual problem

Pookie.4079

I bought the training manual from the right trainer – other trainers won’t even talk to you if you approach them.

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Reading the latest manual always resets your traits as well as opening up the next tier of traits for you to put points in, it is not the same as spending the small amount of cash to retrait.

Have you tried to put trait points into the 20-30 point range which should have become avialable after you read the lvl 60 manual?

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Training Manual problem

Pookie.4079

But aren’t we supposed to get additional slots? Or am I just optimistic?

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

You open up additional slots to put points into but buying a manual does not give you extra points to put in them. Trait points are only awarded as you level (1 per level from 11-80) to give you a total of 70 trait points per character by the time you reach 80.

Reading the last manual should have opened up the final tier of traits allowing you to now put 21-30 points in a particular triat line, whereas before you could only have a maximum of 20 trait points in each line.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lexy.3912)

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As stated, when reading a training manual your traits are automaticly reset and the “trait slots” of the category (adept, master, grandmaster) unlocked, as you can see here http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grandmaster%27s_Training_Manual.

Also, you need the previous manuals before being able to use the next one.

Thanks for your understanding

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

Can someone please confirm whether on not the training manuals should disappear from my inventory when used??? I think I used one but there it is still in my inventory.

If they are meant to get used up and go from inventory then there is bug.

(edited by Lanrin.6785)

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Are you sure you didn’t purchase two of them? They should disappear from you inventory once used.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

If you take a screenshot of your trait panel, I probably could let you know if it worked.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

thanks – I am quite willing to belive I already bought one and forgot, but then again I don’t remember raising 1G…
here’s a grab

Attachments:

Training Manual problem

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Yeah, it didn’t work… you might have bought two of the same manual, or bought the wrong one.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Training Manual problem

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Well…you bought the one that requires level 40 right? The 3 books are 10, 40, and 60 so to get the last slot you need the lvl 60 book

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.