Training NPC

Training NPC

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DavyJones.3968

DavyJones.3968

Is there an npc that you can attack that won’t attack you so you can test out your build and abilities? Do I need the Heart of Thorns expansion? Please let me know.

Training NPC

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Golems in PvP lobby. Added bonus of being able to swap stat sets on the fly… bar a few exceptions (e.g. Celestial)

Also, the raid training golem. But I think you need HoT for that. And you can’t swap stats freely like the PvP lobby.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special_Forces_Training_Area

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Training NPC

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The golem in the Special Forces Training Area requires somebody with a Commander Tag to access, and requires the Heart of Thorns expansion.

Alternatively you can enter the Mistlock Observatory (Fractal of the Mist Lobby) and summon indestructible training golems. Slash-commands like /gg will also reset your cooldowns if you’re practicing rotations. Talk to the Fractal Instability Trainer on the South island to set up the golems, as well as reposition the player respawn point.

Training NPC

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There are also a very few training dummies around the world. The ones I can think of right away are in Camp Resolve (entry to Silverwastes), north side, next to the exit from the Camp. There’s a set of three there, so you can’t single-target very easily, but you can beat up on them forever and nothing will aggro you.

Training NPC

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

The golem in the Special Forces Training Area requires somebody with a Commander Tag to access, and requires the Heart of Thorns expansion.

You don’t actually need a commander tag. Just click the arrow on the upper left and select “Create squad”. This creates a commander-less squad. You can enter raids without a comm tag this way too.