Trait Points Questions

Trait Points Questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Maddav.9605

Maddav.9605

I’m playing my main character as an engineer. I have reached level 41 and I’ve bought the second (Master) skill book from my trainer. When I bought this I received 30 trait points and don’t understand why. Can someone explain this to me?

Also, I am wondering which trait points an engineer should focus on? I assumed that power would be an important trait but my rifle, which I prefer to use, doesn’t seem like it’s doing anymore damage even though I’ve spent quite a few trait points on power.

Also, when you are in a lower area and your skill level is downgraded, do you get any benefit from all your additional trait points?

Trait Points Questions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The book also resets your traits for free, so all traits you used before are reset and need to be put in a trait line again.

My engineer uses riffle and flametrower. I have put my traits mostly into precission and critical damage and power (also using runes to make a good total balance). When you are downgraded the bonus is als downgraded. Basicly it takes a certain percentage of your stats. So they still count, but they count less when downgraded.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

(edited by mercury ranique.2170)

Trait Points Questions

Maddav.9605

Thanks….I thought maybe that might be what was happening with the trait points. I have put 10 of the 30 points in Power. I think I’ll also do 10 in Precision and Critical Damage and use runes in my armor to add toughness and health.

Trait Points Questions

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

You want Speedy Kits (Tools). Running 33% faster all the time reduces the time to get to your destination noticeably. For Dungeons you can replace it with II, III or IV, depending on which utility skills you use.

There are multiple options where to put the remaining points:
20 points in Alchemy for Backpack Regenerator (requires the use of a Kit)
20 points in Explosives for bigger and faster recharging or stronger bombs and grenades
10 points in Firearms for faster recharging weapon skills

Trait Points Questions

Maddav.9605

OK, I’m more confused now. Are you saying Tools is more important that Power, Precision and Critical Damage for an engineer?

Trait Points Questions

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

I meant the trait tree Tools (it’s the one at the bottom), not the attribute Tool Belt Recharge Rate.
Condition your trait point distribution on what minor and major traits you can get, the attributes are secondary.

Trait Points Questions

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

In the end, you can put your traits wherever you want them. It depends a lot on what type of player you are. If you don’t tend to use your backpacks much, putting your traits into them wont really help you much.

I’d personally hover you mouse over each of the 5 and 15 trait slots and see which of those seem to appeal to your style of play. I’d also click on each of the level 10 and 20 trait slots and hover over each of the options in there. Then once you’ve seen the traits that appeal to you most, put your points into those lines.

On another note, you didn’t get 30 trait points with the book. You have been getting 1 trait point every level since level 11. You’ll continue to gain one new trait point every level. If you’d already bought the first trait book, and assigned trait points into the various trait lines, the second trait book reset your progress, allowing you to pick where you put your traits again.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.