Trait Training at Class Trainer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Daredent.2961

Daredent.2961

At level 40 I didn’t have 1 gold to unlock my traits to 20 skill points. I am now level 61 and I can unlock my traits to 30 skill points for 2 gold.

Can I just purchase the one for 2 gold now and skip the one from level 40? It will save me a gold. I would have just tried it, but I currently only have 1.8 gold on me.

Does anyone know?

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Nope. You have to buy the second to be able to buy the third unfortunately.

Posted by: PPson.7042

PPson.7042

I’ve been 80 for a while and still haven’t bought that last book. 2g is a good amount of money and I can throw the points somewhere else for now.

Seiz – 80 Human Thief
Representing Terribad (TBad)

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Why is this even “a thing”? I mean other then just a gold sink it feels rather pointless and silly to have to buy a book to unlock traits you would think your character would just naturally learn in their progression. I understand a “reset” charge but this really feels out of place and archaic in an otherwise new and fresh feeling MMO. I just don’t get it.

Daredent.2961

I agree. I was really hoping I could just buy the final book to unlock all the 30. They should really rename each book to +10 more

Posted by: MrPowell.7695

MrPowell.7695

I feel like I would have liked to have been able to get the second book about 10 levels earlier (30 instead of 40). I think you should be able to stay focused in 2 trait lines if you would like.

As it is now you end up with unspent trait points waiting for the second book. Either you don’t use them or you just plug them into the other trait lines. That seems like a waste if you know what you want your focus to be and it also sort of builds in an additional cost to reset your trait points when you get a new book.

Qillin – Wells/Marks build Necromancer (Devona’s Rest)

Dogs love me cuz I’m crazy sniffable.

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

I feel like I would have liked to have been able to get the second book about 10 levels earlier (30 instead of 40). I think you should be able to stay focused in 2 trait lines if you would like.

As it is now you end up with unspent trait points waiting for the second book. Either you don’t use them or you just plug them into the other trait lines. That seems like a waste if you know what you want your focus to be and it also sort of builds in an additional cost to reset your trait points when you get a new book.

Every time you get a new book it resets your traits, so throwing them into another trait line until you get the book isn’t really that bad. You’ll be increasing something even if it’s not the thing you wish you could increase the most.

But I agree the 2 g is a bit steep. Unless you’re just making money throughout your leveling process it’s tough to have that kind of money to throw away by level 60. I was making some decent money (imo) by selling stuff on the TP and I took a pretty big hit by buying that book. I didn’t know that you had to buy the 2nd one first as well but I did cause I wanted to spend 20 points in each line when I was at level 40.

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

It encourages you do purchase gems for gold so they can make more profit – no sub so you have the extra cash right.

Daredent.2961

It encourages you do purchase gems for gold so they can make more profit – no sub so you have the extra cash right.

This makes the most sense so far. Shame.