Transmute a legendary

Transmute a legendary

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

I wanted to confirm if transmuting a legendary it becomes exotic or maintain its status as a legendary?

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

There are still some ‘issues’ with this. I believe it still shows up as legendary with purple font in your inventory, but if you try to link it in chat it shows up as exotic.

Check the Bugs subforum for more info.

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Why would you transmute a legendary?

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

Why would you transmute a legendary?

To get a different set of stats other than what comes on the weapon when its made.

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you choose to keep the skin of the legendary (and I assume you would) and the stats of the exotic then it becomes an exotic.

Essentially when you transmute items you’re putting the skin of one onto the other. I think of it as kind of like putting the circuit boards from one PC into the case of another. If you take a cheap Dell and put it into an Alienware case you haven’t just made a top-end machine cheaply, you’ve made a cheap one look expensive. Similarly if you transmute a legendary skin onto an exotic you haven’t made a legendary with new stats, you’ve made an exotic that looks like a legendary.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

one of the patch note said that transmuting keeps the highest rarity now, if i were you i would test with green/blue first.

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I move my twilight around from toon to toon via transmuting it onto a low level white sword making it account bound. Put it on the toon you want and transmute it back to whatever exotic you wish. Do not do this if you want it to show as purple when you link it to people. I could care less about that as I really made it for the skin design and wish to use it as I please.

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Ardashir.3684

Ardashir.3684

ok thank you all x answers!

I’ll do a test between a blue and a green!

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

Though keep in mind that when they will upgrade the legendaries’ stats if you only keep the skin you will probably not benefit from the upgrade.

Transmute a legendary

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Never could understand why they didn’t add a type of process to change the stats of a legendary into the ones desired. We need to transmute it with an exotic to do just that…

ig – Where does a condition damage build get benefited from a legendary weapon?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-