Transmuting ascendend items

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: neol.5438

neol.5438

Hello there
I’m not 100% sure if this belongs here but im going to ask anyways
I’m somewhat new to the whole high end content and ascendend items and I was wondering:
If i was to transmute two ascended backpieces(if even possible) am I able to choose both the look, the stats as well as the infusion in whatever combination i want to?(eg look and stats from item A and the infusion from item

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s the same as normal transmutation. You have 3 selections.

Selection 1: Looks.

Selection 2: Stats.

Selection 3: Upgrade Slot (Infusion in this case).

Keep in mind, for the upgrade slot, it will have to match the infusion slot, so you can’t just put a defensive infusion onto an offensive infusion slot by using a transmutation crystal.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Just as Esplen said there are three different choices that have no effect on each other. Also remember when transmuting stuff the two previous items are destroyed and a new item is created out of them. Just curious what pieces are you transmuting?

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

neol.5438

I was wondering wheather or not it was possible to convert my Rox’ Quiver onto another (newly created) backpiece. I was even wondering if it was possible to swap it between characers since there seems to be a possiblity to do so with transmutation stones.

Thanks for the answers btw

Esplen.3940

To swap it between characters, you will need a Ragged Scrap Backpiece or Backpack Straps.

neol.5438

Thanks
I’m interested in this whole transmuting and character swapping. Could we evaluate on this a little?
Wouldn’t it be possible to get an ascended sclerite karka shell(infused) then transmute it with my quiver while choosing the stats and appearance of the quiver and the infusion of the shell in order to make it account bound.
Of course granted that the karka shell was kept acount bound and had not yet been equipt by a character.
Please correct me if im wrong.

Edit: As already mentioned this probably wont work since the karka shell has a defensiv slot while the quiver has an offensiv one

Edit 2: What would happen if i used omni-Infusions on both of them?

(edited by neol.5438)

Esplen.3940

Let’s go back to my earlier post.

You select the looks: this depicts what your item will look like. (also includes flavor text)

You select the stats: this depicts everything on the item other than the skin and the upgrade (including level and binding).

You select the upgrade: this depicts JUST the upgrade slot. Meaning if you had a Ruby orb (not talking about ascended for one second) you would get a ruby orb onto the new item. NOTHING ELSE IS CHANGED HERE

I’ll let you figure it out.