Transmuting legendary post april patch.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Hi guys. I think we all suffer greatly from peculiar style direction of legendaries and inability to at leas dye them. So I guess someone tried to transmute it into something decent and fitting to character’s image. What happens when you do it now, with new wardrobe system? Will it still have ability to change stats? Can it be turned back (I dont think there are transmutation splitters anymore). Will it still have it’s special effects (yeah, probably no)?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

legendary weapons retain all the functionality regardless of what skin you apply to them. So for instance, I’ve applied my Bolt skin to a regular exotic then that character gains Bolt’s special effects, but it is still an exotic weapon. On the flipside, on my ranger who carries the real Bolt, I change the sword to have an Ascalon Catacomb skin. It now loses the lightning effects and drawing sounds but will retain all the stat abilities as before

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

As Azrael stated above. Also, you can just apply the old Legendary skin on your legendary if you want the skin on it back. There will be no difference at all from the old legendary.

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Well, thank you guys, I didn’t know that they allow to apply legendary skin with transmute. It is fine then, still sad that we cannot enjoy legendary visuals without legendary skins, but fine.