Transmuting not working

Transmuting not working

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

I could be entirely possible I don’t understand how to do it?

But I am trying to trasmute the look of the Barbaric Coat, onto my Gladiator Coat, but it won’t let me do it. No matter how I put the item in the transmute, it won’t let me.

I am using a Fine Transmutation Stone, and they are both heavy armours.

I didn’t know if this was a bug, or something I didn’t understand. I also searched other threads and solutions, and each one simple said “Appearance on the Left, Stats on the right” Which, I am doing to no avail.

EDIT: Just realized the armour needed to be repaired so I repaired it and tried again, still not working.

Attachments:

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

(edited by GenoUnknown.7504)

Transmuting not working

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

So what you are doing is:
You have both items in your bags.
You drag the barbaric to the left and gladiator to the right. (though side does not matter)
You click the image of the barbaric and it slides over to the center and the gladiator image disappears.
You click the stats of the gladiator and it slides over to the center and the barbaric stats disappear.
You click the rune of the gladiator and it slides over to the center.
Item Transmutation button then lights up.
You then click on the Item Transmutation button.
Nothing happens?

Does the window disappear?
Do you hear a noise when you click?

Edit*
Also, there is no need to waste coin on repairing the item if you’re going to transmute it. Transmuting it causes the end product to not be damaged. Can just save yourself some coin if you’re going to transmute the broken item.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Transmuting not working

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

You click the image of the barbaric and it slides over to the center and the gladiator image disappears.
You click the stats of the gladiator and it slides over to the center and the barbaric stats disappear.

Ah, I never actually clicked on the items. Never really occured to me to try it, nor was their any indication telling me to do that (That I saw anyways). So this was indeed my own ignorance. Thank you for the help. It worked.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Transmuting not working

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Not anymore. You transmute a broken item, the broken part carries over now.

You have both items in your bags.
You drag the barbaric to the left and gladiator to the right. (though side does not matter)
You click the rune of the gladiator and it slides over to the center.
Item Transmutation button then lights up.
You then click on the Item Transmutation button.
Nothing happens?

Does the window disappear?
Do you hear a noise when you click?

Edit*
Also, there is no need to waste coin on repairing the item if you’re going to transmute it. Transmuting it causes the end product to not be damaged. Can just save yourself some coin if you’re going to transmute the broken item.

Transmuting not working

StinVec.3621

Ah, thanks for informing of that change. It has been some time since I have had the occasion of having a broken item I was transmuting. Glad to know of this change.

Transmuting not working

StinVec.3621

Ah, I never actually clicked on the items. Never really occured to me to try it, nor was their any indication telling me to do that (That I saw anyways). So this was indeed my own ignorance. Thank you for the help. It worked.

No problem. I remember trying to figure it out when I first tried to use one. There is no guidance or explanation on it, so I completely understand.

Keep in mind, that the final product retains the level requirement of the stats you select. So in this above case, were you to select the stats of the level 80 item, the end product would be a level 80, if you selected the stats of the level 70 item then the end product would be level 70. This is especially important if you want the appearance of a level 80 item on, say, your level 20 character. You would select the appearance of the 80 item and the stats of the 20 item you plan to use, this way your character can actually use it as the end product would be level 20.

Also take note, if you try to include the rune (or a sigil) of the higher level item in the transmute window, then the end product must meet the level requirements for the rune. So if you have a level 20 armor item, and you’re trying to grab the appearance of a level 80 armor item that also has a superior rune on it, then you cannot include the rune in the end product as Superior runes require a level 60 armor item.

I hope you don’t run into any more issues now that you know the mechanics of transmuting. But if you do, don’t hesitate to ask for a hand again

Transmuting not working

Posted by: Eleima.5027

Eleima.5027

Just chiming in to say that I too banged my head against the keyboard when I used my first transmutation stone. I had no idea you had to click on the different parts for it to work, it just isn’t all that self-explanatory!!
Also, the items don’t have to be in your bag, you can be wearing one when you transmute, I’ve done it before. And regarding StinVec’s explanation, you can’t use basic transmutation stones for level 80 gear, you have to use fine transmutation stones which you get mostly in the gem store (a guildmate told me she found some in a chest, but I’ve never had any drop for me).
Happy transmuting!

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks (NA)
Guild: Gamers With Jobs

Transmuting not working

StinVec.3621

Just chiming in to say that I too banged my head against the keyboard when I used my first transmutation stone. I had no idea you had to click on the different parts for it to work, it just isn’t all that self-explanatory!!
Also, the items don’t have to be in your bag, you can be wearing one when you transmute, I’ve done it before. And regarding StinVec’s explanation, you can’t use basic transmutation stones for level 80 gear, you have to use fine transmutation stones which you get mostly in the gem store (a guildmate told me she found some in a chest, but I’ve never had any drop for me).
Happy transmuting!

I know originally you could transmute an item while you were wearing it, but then it changed and it had to be in your bag. I guess that has changed once again. lol

They had mentioned they were using a fine transmutation stone. I’m not sure if that was intentionally used due to the requirement, or just the only stone they had available to them to use. I was going to mention something about that too, but I’m glad you did now Though if you’re in a pinch, you can use a Fine stone on sub-80 items, you don’t have to have a level 80 item to use it. That got me for a while too until I read its description better.
:\

I’ve gotten Fine Transmutation Stones in Black Lion Chests (very, very rarely) and I’ve also gotten some in Daily Completion Reward chests, as well as from doing my main story quests…though I haven’t gotten any in a very long time.

Transmuting not working

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Ah, thanks for informing of that change. It has been some time since I have had the occasion of having a broken item I was transmuting. Glad to know of this change.

That’s not true unless they changed it since last week. I just transmuted a whole set of broken armor and the new armor wasn’t even damaged at all.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Transmuting not working

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That’s not true unless they changed it since last week. I just transmuted a whole set of broken armor and the new armor wasn’t even damaged at all.

I would expect that to depend on which item is damaged. When you were transmuting was the damaged item the one that was providing the stats?

Transmuting not working

StinVec.3621

I would expect that to depend on which item is damaged. When you were transmuting was the damaged item the one that was providing the stats?

Very good observation. Damaged status would be tied to the stats of the item I guess, and would carry over if you chose the stats of the damaged item in transmutation, whereas the stats of the undamaged item would imbue the end product with undamaged components.