Triple Trouble

Triple Trouble

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

Hey guys, when Triple Trouble was launched i was taking a break from GW2. Even after i came back, i waited a while. The result: i’ve never finished the event and only once gotten close. It’s hard to find a server where it’s even vaguely organised. Sometimes i find a full server with 3 Comms but without TS we fail nonetheless.

1 time i got rly rly close with organisation by a guild called TKKG (thx to thsoe guys, that was an awesome run) but the timing got kinda messed up and we failed.
So my question is, can anyone point me to a guild i can join (one where i wouldnt have to rep) or a forum i can check for more of those fully organised runs with TS? i rly wanna finish the event at least once and i don’t see it happening without organisation.

Triple Trouble

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

NA TSS
EU TxS, GW2community.com

Triple Trouble

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you’re on NA, try joining TTS. You can apply via their website (ttsgamers.com). They do both Tequatl and Triple Trouble.

Triple Trouble

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

Im on EU btw, so i dunno if theyre’s any special guild there?

Triple Trouble

RoseofGilead.8907

Yargesh suggested TxS for EU. Check them out.

Triple Trouble

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Just my experience in the past …
I landed on a megaserver shard with TxS killing the three worms shortly after the megaserver update came out. This was my first and only time I was able to see this happen (I am stuck at one kill and two heads severed ever since). I kept the commander on my friends list. When I asked him a few weeks late if he was willing to taxi me to an organized attempt if the map was not full already I got the reply that he and the guild in general will not do that, because you have to join the guild for this service.
I have no idea if TxS is still holding on to this elitist crap, but I have not tried to get the Triple Trouble off my to-to list ever since, although I would like to see it be done.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Triple Trouble

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How is that elitist though?
Anyone (as far as I know) can join the guild, so just join it if you want in. Especially since you can join multiple guilds.

I personally (on EU) do the event with PSDH, which organizes both Wurm and Tequatl multiple times per week, and usually manage to get Wurm down.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Triple Trouble

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

How is that elitist though?
Anyone (as far as I know) can join the guild, so just join it if you want in. Especially since you can join multiple guilds.

In my case, I have all my guild slots used (two of them dedicated to guilds that help making the community better organized on my server). I don’t have a free slot available.
Preferring guildies over PUGs is also fine, but keeping PUGs out, that could be part of the event if I chose to is an elitist attitude I don’t like. Perhaps TxS has changed? I don’t know.
With megaservers making server based stuff (like Tequatl kills etc.) more difficult to organize (I know, because we did that on AG), everybody that can achieve stuff for the greater good of the community, should do so. My experience might be an isolated incident, but just naming event guilds and thinking the OPs question is answered (his desire to kill the TT wurm) just won’t do it.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

(edited by Gorani.7205)

Triple Trouble

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well that is just the thing though. There are limits on how many people there can be on a map. And as such it would make sense for guilds organizing certain maps to actually focus on getting their guildies in before taking every random person that sends a whisper.

It is rather common for a map to get full when it is organized even without everyone in the same guild being there. And as such it would make rather much sense for the organizing guild to not invite PUGs and instead try to get all their guildies in. Why else would you bother joining the guild if you still won’t get a spot because 10 PUGs got them instead?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Triple Trouble

RoseofGilead.8907

Just my experience in the past …
I landed on a megaserver shard with TxS killing the three worms shortly after the megaserver update came out. This was my first and only time I was able to see this happen (I am stuck at one kill and two heads severed ever since). I kept the commander on my friends list. When I asked him a few weeks late if he was willing to taxi me to an organized attempt if the map was not full already I got the reply that he and the guild in general will not do that, because you have to join the guild for this service.
I have no idea if TxS is still holding on to this elitist crap, but I have not tried to get the Triple Trouble off my to-to list ever since, although I would like to see it be done.

I wouldn’t call that elitism. As the other person said, it’s a way to try to get as many guild members (who likely can join the guild without any requirements other than repping during the events) onto the same map as possible with as few pugs (who are more likely to not know what to do as well as less likely to listen in on TS to get caught up) as possible.

Triple Trouble

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

As others have said it’s not really elitism when a guild is organizing a guild event and prioritizes guild mates. It’s unfortunate that you can’t join their guild but that doesn’t make it the guilds fault for trying to maximize the rewards for the guild and it’s members.

Triple Trouble

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

When I asked him a few weeks late if he was willing to taxi me to an organized attempt if the map was not full already I got the reply that he and the guild in general will not do that, because you have to join the guild for this service.

Not as bad as the times they said head to a certain map for a hosted kill event only to sit around for a while then hear about it being a front for them to get to an empty map and pull their people in.

Being friends with a few members can be fine, they can sneak you in. Though if you’re going to do a wurm kill join any voip service the host is using. Teq doesn’t need the military precision, he’s totally pugable.