Twice of the same profession someone?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve contemplated making a second Ranger character since the one I have now is a beastmaster build and there are some other builds I’d like to try (like a trap build). Granted, I could just respec my existing character, but I’m 100% sure I want to keep my beastmaster so at most it’d be a limited thing where I just try a different build then switch back, so if I liked the trap build as well I’d have to either make a second Ranger or just forget about it.

I think its really a decision for you to make, though. No one else can tell you how you’d feel about the situation, how much you like the Guardian profession and if you like it enough that you’d be able to play 2 of them, ect.

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

You may find yourself lacking in some variation overtime but as long as you actively enjoy the two different guardians then there’s no real loss as when it comes down to it this is a game for your own enjoyment.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If you’re having fun, who cares if it’s “a waste”? I say to go for it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

technically its impossible to experience everything possible in the game without making a repeat at somepoint or teaming with other people from the very start, the racial story lines alone require what 15 different characters if you want to play through them all yourself?

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

If I was desperate to see some branch of the personal story I’ve never done before, I’d probably roll a second warrior.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I wouldn’t do it, but if you feel compelled then you should go for it. I would personally do everything I could to ensure they play differently (one banner/shout support warrior and one burst damage warrior, for example), but that, again, is up to you.

Edit: And RebelYell has a good point; you’d get a chance to see more personal story.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

My sylvari guardian is my main; I have 4 sets of armor, a healthy selection of weapons, all skills, full set of bag slots, etc.

I started a human warrior because I really liked the look of the human cultural heavy armors and there was more that I wanted to do with a guardian than was reasonable on a single one; I already have 4 sets of armor—adding at least a 5th and 6th, and new weapons with alternate stats, coupled with needing to pay to respec back and forth as my desired role changes… It was just easier to make a new character.

On a related note, I also have 2 rangers and 2 warriors—although one of the warriors is doomed to relive the same life over and over to farm black lion keys.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Do what you like! If you like the guardian class a lot, then play it on multiple characters.

I don’t have any two of the same class, but I do have quite a few Asura characters because they’re so cute. I’m trying to spread it out and have at least once of each race, but that might happen later down the road.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

It’s not so much race at it is profession builds. If it’s about looks, then guard & warrior is the same aesthetically. Like I have a charr guard and norn warrior, but if the same race they could look identical for the most part. But within the classes there are different builds, which is why some may roll two of the same class, different builds. That includes different equipment stats and such. Of course you can respec the same character and just have more sets of equipment. But if you really like the class, I’d say lvl to 80, try respecing some, then if you like the two builds then roll another of the same class. Guard you will probably want at least two sets of equipment each build anyway, each having a use for zerker gear that you can use to test the builds with one character to start.

As for myself, I was tempted to roll second classes, either guard or thief, but I figured I can always respec using the 2g (it’s nothing) and re-gear (I have most of the crafts mastered), but went with rolling 5 classes now all 80’s.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have a couple of double professions already and I’ve never regretted it. I just play them differently. I meakittenerker warrior and a support warrior play completely different. I have one mesmer who I use to play dungeons with guilds that that’s more geared out to support. My second mesmer is made just for the open world and just to have fun.

Nothing wrong with doing what you want to have fun.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have two lv80 ele. One is a sylvari evenly balanced between damage, survival and support. The other is a norn who is all glass, there is not a single thing on her that isn’t for damage. :p

I wouldn’t have done it if they were going to end up the same.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Like everyone else said it’s up to you. If you have a use for another guardian then it’s not a waste.

So far I haven’t done it in GW2 but in GW1 I have 4 rangers, two of them even have the same secondary profession, and I wouldn’t delete any of them because I use them all for different purposes.

IMO it makes even more sense in GW2 because respeccing takes more time and money so if you’ve got two builds you want to use on a regular basis it makes more sense to have 2 characters.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”