Two questions

Two questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vicus.5841

Vicus.5841

Is there a way to test out the Path of Fire elite specs? I’m wanting to test out Deadeye and the Renegade (range skills).

Second question. I know my play style and what I enjoy. No matter if it’s best or not I only want to play a ranged character. I’ll switch to melee for buffs or something but I am not wanting to be a dps as melee. I don’t mine tanking sometimes so ranged classes that can tank sometimes is ok but please help me pick a ranged spec/class that is at least average.

I have a 80 warrior and just not a fan of the speed/style of their bow/rifle. If its changed somehow I’d be interested but it seems everyone says use it for debuffs and then do melee.

Ranger was amazing at the start of the game and I loved it but have become less of a fan. With pets and stuff…just to much going on.

Thief looks interesting with the new rifle but not sure how it performs, can’t test. (performs in fun to play and feel).

Mechanic would seem like a great fit but man just to many buttons for me. I play using my MMO mouse and even it doesnt have enough buttons. But maybe thats changed.

Reverent short bow looks amazing but read it’s weak. I’m ok with that if its a decent tank sometimes also..but once again I can’t test (that I know of).

Necro I am very unfamiliar with.

Elemental just not my style of play but unsure whats changed. I have only played the core game but will be buying both expansions and dont want to waste my level to 80’s.

Any advice would be great. But I stress again…I just want to do range, but would like a chance to get dungeons/raid spots in the future if I choose that route.

Thanks.

Two questions

Posted by: Vicus.5841

Vicus.5841

Also want to add my wife plays a druid sometimes and a support based Ele. So if there is some perk that a range class would have teaming with these that others dont would be a bonus.

Two questions

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

We had demo test, stress test 1, and stress test 2 for the elite spec
The stress test 2 is just yesterday (Using the CD map, Mount, and new elite spec). But it already ends so we wouldn’t know if there will there be any more stress test or not. keep an eye on the forum, maybe they will give us another stress test before 22 sept.

It looks like Deadeye will have big DPS among all ranged character.
Scourge IMO will have spot in raid / dungeon since they have sand support for up to 15 people for condi removal. (sorry if i’m wrong)
Haven’t tried ranger and ele so I can’t give any input for these two classes.

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Two questions

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Remember, none of the elite specs we’ve seen are their final form. During both stress tests, it has been explicitly mentioned that the changes they are making as the result of the preview weekend were not yet implemented.