Two unique ascended equipment......oops.....

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Just made my silliest mistake in GW2. I bought two Vine of the Pale Tree rings, and did not realize they were both unique. So…now I’m stuck with a ring I can’t wear.

I’d contact support and ask them to refund/unbind the extra ring, but I have a hunch the answer will be “Sorry it happened, but we can’t.” So…if it comes to that, I want to know what’s the best way to salvage this situation.

Could I add two different infusion upgrades and wear both? One WvW, the other normal (Or mystic forge)? I don’t want to make a second silly mistake. :p

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

In most cases, support will help you out. My friend just did the same thing.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I sent a ticket, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. But if it doesn’t work out, what could I do?

Edit: Nevermind. Anet support is awesome. ^^

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

i think with 2 of the same ring, once you add an infusion it allows you to wear both. id like some clarification on this though as ascended trinkets are confusing as hell at first lol.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You can ‘infuse’ a ring inherently (via the mystic forge) and then you could wear two of them because they are now two different ‘unique’ items.

“Red Ring of Death” and “Red Ring of Death (Infused)”

You can NOT just place an infusion into one of the rings and be able to wear both of them.

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

ah. they need to make it like dyes and put a red warning saying ‘already equipped’ or something like that. the mistake i had with my ascended wasnt quite this but had to do with the infusion slots. only found out after i had the amulet and the infusion bought that there was a difference in the items. luckily support helped me out and i got it sorted at least ill know not to get the same ring now. thanks for the info.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny