Undecided between Guardian and Warrior...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

Hi there guys, I have been playing both Guardian and Warrior for a while, but keep recicling my last character slot in order to taste and decide what I like the most.

I have almost no time to play anymore and I would like to know, which of the classes is best for dealing damage and soloing content overall? I feel I’m doing great damage with Guardian Sword but I want to know if there is a Warrior weapon which rivals it.

So far I’ve had a great deal of fun with Guardian but when I reached Timberline Falls I noticed how big of a damage drop I got, even when I switched gear according to my level and running the usual “zerk”. It is sad, considering GS is one of my favorite weapons.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Guardian tends to be highest damage dealer between the two. There’s several builds, but they all do around the same amount of damage. Guardian like its names implies has a lot of defensive utilities to block damage. However, ironically the class also has the lowest hp pool in the game.

Warrior has lower personal damage. However, the class has a significant number offensive utilities and specialized weapon options. The general setup is greatsword for damage and might generation with an alternate weapon dependent on the encounter. The class is also blessed with the highest hp pool in the game.

I think for a newer player I’d suggest warrior. Warrior has a lot more mobility options which is great for soloing through most of the early game. While the guardian excels in long term damage, the warrior can burst harder and clear trash faster. It’s also important to note that if you plan on doing group content in the future warriors will be requested significantly more as guardians are usually seen as a filler class.

There are however some niche situations where guardian comes out on top. For example in halloween labyrinth, the guardian staff auto is ideal to tag monsters while in a large group.

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

Guardian tends to be highest damage dealer between the two. There’s several builds, but they all do around the same amount of damage. Guardian like its names implies has a lot of defensive utilities to block damage. However, ironically the class also has the lowest hp pool in the game.

Warrior has lower personal damage. However, the class has a significant number offensive utilities and specialized weapon options. The general setup is greatsword for damage and might generation with an alternate weapon dependent on the encounter. The class is also blessed with the highest hp pool in the game.

I think for a newer player I’d suggest warrior. Warrior has a lot more mobility options which is great for soloing through most of the early game. While the guardian excels in long term damage, the warrior can burst harder and clear trash faster. It’s also important to note that if you plan on doing group content in the future warriors will be requested significantly more as guardians are usually seen as a filler class.

There are however some niche situations where guardian comes out on top. For example in halloween labyrinth, the guardian staff auto is ideal to tag monsters while in a large group.

Hmmm… so this would mean the Guardian would have it as hard as a Thief to do Maguuma content? I keep on dying often as a thief, but I haven’t ebeen fully defeated as a Guardian yet. I have to agree, I noticed today how my Necro had a way higher HP pool than Guardian when entering Labyrinth.

My wife and I usually do Tier 1-3 Fractals, and tho I like to stick with Meta builds whe goes whatever she likes and we pug, we are casuals, but I like raiding for fun and not for competitive clear times.

I loved the Daredevil but I can’t stand the squishyness of the class, and last time I saw DPS charts Guardian with Scepter occupied the third slot, no mention on Guardian Melee tho.

The class so far has been amazing, but in order to try Warrior I would have to erase one of my already level 80 alts, or stop playing Guardian, as right now we can’t afford Gems on where I live.

(edited by Aldath.1275)

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Hmmm… so this would mean the Guardian would have it as hard as a Thief to do Maguuma content? I keep on dying often as a thief, but I haven’t ebeen fully defeated as a Guardian yet. I have to agree, I noticed today how my Necro had a way higher HP pool than Guardian when entering Labyrinth.

Only you can have a say in that honestly. The jump from core to maguma is definitely a noticeable jump in difficulty. Most people have a hard time at first, but majority of people adapt over time. I say most because there’s definitely a vocal minority on the forums that ask to be spoon fed things. The way I would explain it is that the people enjoying the game are busy play.

Theoretically guardian and thief play the same in that they make up for their low hp pools through blocks and dodges. Though I’d argue every other class has to learn this as well, these two classes specialize in it and rely on it more.

My personal advice is to play them all. I personally have 10 maxed leveled and a few geared in full ascended/legendaries. I have 1 of each class and a few dupes for race/gender aesthetics. A lot of people make it out to seem like you need to focus on one class and that’s honestly not the case. Every class has a fun and unique perk to them and it’s a shame really not to experience them all. GW2s gear progression is so low you honestly can do it all. I realize character slots are an issue, but the game allows you to buy cash shop items like character slots through a currency exchange.