Unjukittenl Ban

Unjukittenl Ban

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rawlinson.2038

Rawlinson.2038

Hey all so my friend has been ban for the reason of “inappropriate name” So his name is slickkitten, to which I don’t know why he was banned for. Is kitten some curse word or something? My friend is a bird lover and that being said he used that term “kitten” to help describe the character hes playing to which is a thief. It is quite unfair, that my friend who has partied with us since level 1, has not cursed or cussed at anyone since, has not exploited the game, gets to be banned. If its such an issue can’t he just recieve a name change? To which my friend is ready to accepting. Please help my friend get back into the game he loves.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

He should contact support.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Stryker.9632

Stryker.9632

hmmmmm kitten…… I can see the serious need to ban him over it, I’m offended already.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Rocksors.7830

Rocksors.7830

Just so we’re all on the same page, I’m guessing his name doesn’t contain the word kitten (ie young cat) but the forum is picking it up as profanity and autocorrecting it to kitten.

I can only think of one bird reference that could make this happen but I don’t want to test the theory.

Isle Of Janthir [AR]
Rocksors: 80 Guardian, Althalus: 80 Thief, Birigitte: 80 Ranger, Roacsors: 80 Warrior

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Atlas Jackson.9480

Atlas Jackson.9480

A vulgarity that can refer to a bird or a thief?

This is like some kind of crazy riddle. I won’t be able to stop thinking about it until I figure it out.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

Your friend received the same punishment as the people who exploited hundreds of gold and ruined the economy. Seems pretty screwed up to me.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Blarrg.8305

Blarrg.8305

A vulgarity that can refer to a bird or a thief?

This is like some kind of crazy riddle. I won’t be able to stop thinking about it until I figure it out.

This. I am racking my brain trying to figure it out.

\m/ \m/

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Only thing I can think of its the alternate name for a rooster.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Blarrg.8305

Blarrg.8305

Bird yes, thief, not so sure. OP, get back here and tell us!!!

\m/ \m/

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Atlas Jackson.9480

Atlas Jackson.9480

Only thing I can think of its the alternate name for a rooster.

But they don’t steal. Maybe “Crow” or “Magpie” as ethnic slurs? Do you see what you’ve done ANet? I’ve been forced to read the wikipedia list of ethnic slurs! Please use a more sophisticated word filter.

Actually, “Slick Magpie” would be an awesome name for a thief. Is that taken?

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Rawlinson.2038

Rawlinson.2038

a-net even filters the word “unjust”

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Unjustified or not depends on what he named it. So without knowing the true name theres no telling.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: manwhat.1745

manwhat.1745

a-net even filters the word “unjust”

Looks like he wanted to write unjust – ful, and the censor thought it was the acronym for shut the eff up.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: HauptmannDeutschland.4981

HauptmannDeutschland.4981

I’ll try and break this down so I don’t get banned LOL!

Slick – slippery, especially from being covered with or as if with ice, water, or oil. Something wet is slick. A kitten is a juvenile domesticate cat, add a term used in common slang for a cat pertaining to a certain part of the female anatomy and you get the synonym slickkitten.

I’d say your friend was trying to be clever and got caught.

Konor Majere – Knights of Sancrist Isle – Eredon Terrace
“Only in death does duty end.”

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Stryker.9632

Stryker.9632

it’s like we’re all a bunch of children and anet is our big mama protecting us from the evil evil swear words

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

…A kitten is a juvenile domesticate cat, add a term used in common slang for a cat pertaining to a certain part of the female anatomy and you get the synonym slickkitten.

Kitten is the word that the forums replaces all filtered words with. The actual name does not have kitten in it…

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

kittens everwhere, but has anybody guessed the actual word “his friend” used?

it’s like we’re all a bunch of children and anet is our big mama protecting us from the evil evil swear words

you’re right, if we weren’t all a bunch of kids we wouldn’t be using obscene words for character names. But since not only there are immature people who laugh at fallic member jokes who still think it’s funny to have these jokes for name, but also kittyhurt easily offendable kids to obscene words, I think anet is doing the correct job herding us.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

(edited by Pie Flavor.1647)

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: LankyBM.3582

LankyBM.3582

My friend is a bird lover and that being said he used that term “kitten” to help describe the character hes playing to which is a thief.

I am assuming you don’t mean the feathered variety here ….. lets not play stupid here, its obvious why the name was banned, he knows it, you know it and anyone who else whos over the age of 15 can work it out. Perhaps contacting customer support and requesting a character name change can get him back playing the “game he loves”.

Unjukittenl Ban

Pie Flavor.1647

My friend is a bird lover and that being said he used that term “kitten” to help describe the character hes playing to which is a thief.

I am assuming you don’t mean the feathered variety here ….. lets not play stupid here, its obvious why the name w

as banned, he knows it, you know it and anyone who else whos over the age of 15 can work it out. Perhaps contacting customer support and requesting a character name change can get him back playing the “game he loves”.

ohh I get it now: flightless bird….

whelp, op is a troll

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

So many assumptions in this thread. With how much they’ve been enforcing this censoring theres just no way they’d go overboard sooner or later amirite? (we’re past the point of overboard when it’s a ban for language or conduct right off the bat)

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Lemme try lemme try!

mmmmh
Slickchick
Edit no that’s not it…
Slickbird
Slickfly
Slickeagle
Slickfalcon
Edit 2 : Nope…

(edited by snaplemouton.1294)

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Personally I think it’s about time people got punished for violated the ToS of an MMO. It doens’t happen often enough.

Word gets out that Anet don’t tolerate it and you can get banned and less people will resort to it and the Anet support can focus on actual improvements and problems.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Unjukittenl Ban

Pie Flavor.1647

So many assumptions in this thread. With how much they’ve been enforcing this censoring theres just no way they’d go overboard sooner or later amirite? (we’re past the point of overboard when it’s a ban for language or conduct right off the bat)

overboard is all based on opinion, and the only opinion that matters is anet’s opinion on how much is overboard, by defacto, or the opinion of the vast majority of the userbase, which is unknwon atm.

Unjukittenl Ban

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

I am going to close the thread as it does not really fit inside the scope of this subforum. The OP should contact, if that has not been done yet, the support service with his/her issues about the inappropriate name as they are the only ones who can really help with the problem.

Thanks.