Unplayable Latency! Please HELP!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Allan Mirage.9543

Allan Mirage.9543

I don’t know if anybody else has already reported the problem, but often there is a latency that makes the game unplayable, at least for me, with a delay of action of more than 10 seconds, and sometimes at the end of these I am also thrown out of the game and an error occurs!
Please I really need help, because I like this game and would like to continue playing!

I live on my own and i have a private network. In addition, the router is very close to the PC, the connection is via cable and while I’m playing I close any program running in the background!

(edited by Allan Mirage.9543)

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

I’m not going to be able to help you, but someone else might be able to if you post a bit more info.

What is the actual speed of your connection?
In what game areas does this latency occur, how often?
What is the error code you get?
Are you able to try doing a traceroute? I’m not sure what the IP for the servers is but someone else might be able to tell you, or perhaps you could ask support for that

Posted by: lpbrass.2379

lpbrass.2379

Have you tried resetting your router and modem? That usually helps me when I start having high latency problems.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Are you on wifi .. you mention your computer is close to the router … but you don’t mention whether you’re hard wired or not.

If you are on wifi, is it internal wifi or a usb plug?

If it’s the latter, I can recommend at fabulous USB adapter that gets you 5 bars signal no matter where you are:

http://www.amazon.ca/Amped-Wireless-UA600-Wireless-300N-Adapter/dp/B004MDWCCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347913445&sr=8-1

It’s pricier than the typical $10-$20 usb plugs, but it’s worth it. Because, as others have kind of suggested, it sounds like you either need a reboot or your USB wifi plug is dying.

Also, be sure to change your wifi password frequently — in case your neighbours are “borrowing” your signal. You can also eliminate your wifi name from even showing up in wifi searches by going to your router’s main page and unchecking your SSD broadcast .. be sure to change your name of your wifi signal tho (and write it down so you can type it in later yourself!), or folks who have your wifi signal bookmarked can simply just type it in, also make sure you’re at least WEP-2 password encrypted … doing these things will help eliminate anyone piggybacking on your internet.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Allan Mirage.9543

So, the error is that on the screenshot and… No, I do not use wifi, I have a wired network! Pc is good enough for this game (I’ve played BF3 set to Ultra.) so it’s not a PC or Graphical issue! Please HELP!
Furthermore, this is the first time I have this problem. I’ve played WoW and DDO for years and I’ve never had any latency issue(not as bad though)!

Attachments:

(edited by Allan Mirage.9543)

Posted by: baldsh.3896

baldsh.3896

I don’t know if anybody else has already reported the problem, but often there is a latency that makes the game unplayable, at least for me, with a delay of action of more than 10 seconds, and sometimes at the end of these I am also thrown out of the game and an error occurs!
Please I really need help, because I like this game and would like to continue playing!

I live on my own and i have a private network. In addition, the router is very close to the PC, the connection is via cable and while I’m playing I close any program running in the background!

Take a look at this:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1122636-GW2-command-lines-and-selecting-servers-based-on-ping-amp-latency

There is a part where you can add a command to the shortcut that can get you some diagnostics on your machine and your latency to the servers. Give that a shot and maybe that will point you in the right direction.

Either than that, I would post on the tech support forum and see if they have any better answers.

Allan Mirage.9543

Well, I will wait…

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I experienced this severe network lag just recently, and, solved it.
I am not going to mention all the basic things to try, save this;

Has your PC been compromised? (Virus/malware) Check your Windows 7 firewall status. Can you turn it on or off? If you can not, and receive Windows error messages, its likely your PC has been compromised and there is disruption to your network. Windows 7 re-install very likely necessary.

Allan Mirage.9543

Thanks, I will try!

Allan Mirage.9543

Checked! Firewall works fine and i can Enable/Disable it without any problem, same thing for my antivirus! PC is working fine as well… I really don’t know what to do…

Allan Mirage.9543

Any news ?