Up-2-date PvE Zerker Guard Guide

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Triston.7639

Triston.7639

Here is the video I made of my Zerker Guardian it’s a really good build.

“:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szZReDCQotQ

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Bad guide, would not suggest.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Should head back to the drawing board with this one.
“…switched out for Toughness which is ideal because we tend to die a lot.”

This build needs a lot of work. Also, I’m not sure you understand the survivability that a Guardian has ‘built in’ if you are leaning on 112 extra toughness to stay alive. My point is that those trait points are wasted on what could have been Berserker trinkets. The Zerk Guard should have no trouble staying alive at all; it is one of the most forgiving classes to play full glass. Seems to me that you are CD skill spamming and wasting virtues left and right. I’m not really seeing any skill rotation or weapon swap; results in DPS loss especially with the time spent using GS light field.

If your build had not explicitly been stated as PvE Zerker Guard, it could be mistaken for a ‘tankier’ hybrid with utilities I’d expect to see in WvW. The points put into the Honor line are also very much wasted in my opinion. If you are however relying on your crit. damage to stack your might, you would be better off stacking dual sigils of perception (which are generally more beneficial for a Guardian anyways). Aside from the stacking set, you should have an alt set for pure % modifiers to further increase your DPS.

So, let’s forget you were trying to make a DPS build. You’re neglecting some of the best utilities for a grab bag of utilities you’re not traited for. You have 2 meditations on your bar but are not traited with Valor (1) : Meditation Mastery. Now Valor is nearly equally useless to trait in as a DPS Guardian. However, it does have the benefit of raising your critical damage so it is a better option if you are set on using Meditations in PvE. A better option to avoid traiting into a nearly useless PvE trait to justify using Meditations? Trait into virtues instead for (VI) : Master of Consecrations. This will give you the condition cleanses you are looking for with PF and you will also be a greater asset to your team through the short CD utility of situational Consecrations. (IX) : Absolute Resolution will give you an additional condition cleanse; I see you were spamming it during your rotation demo. With AR, you will find that it is a much more useful virtue to both you and your team.

For the OP: Recommend spending a little more time with the class to get familiar.

For new Players: There are far better guides out there. 3/10

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur