Upcoming Xmas Event

Upcoming Xmas Event

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: RazorClaw.6852

RazorClaw.6852

Hey Guild Wars 2 players,

I have notice on this site that the Xmas Event is advertise to start on December 14 and I just started playing on Thursday and I am at lvl 11 and I was wondering is it mainly held with in a City/Town/Village area where u can go see things like Xmas trees set up and other Xmasy things or is it more of a world thing. I know I am going to get flamed for this but I come for WOW and Blizzard’s way of things where it’s step up nicely in a city the Xmas stuff and things are organized to allow players to have fun and enjoy the Xmas event without going to far from their level range or even going off to where they shouldn’t be and dieing over and over again so I was curious if even at a lvl like 15-20 ish character I could still do some Xmasy things with my Guild Wars 2 character.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

If halloween is an indication you should be fine… They do scale for some instances much like WvW if need be

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You won’t be flamed for saying you used to play WoW. I think most this forum did, or still do, probably most the people playing GW2.

Also based on GW1 and the Halloween event in GW2 you’ll be fine. They’ve said there will be things in each of the races cities, which you can get to right from the start and there will probably be a lot of stuff in LA too (which you can also get to right away). I doubt they will be doing content only for the higher levels.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

Most of the things range from lower levels to mid levels 40/50. However there are many folks that will help you through the harder stuff, just ask for help in map chat. As mentioned some things scale you up.

I don’t see why you’re worried that you’ll be flamed for playing WoW. WoW’s a game and we’re all here cause we like playing games right?

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

If halloween is an indication you should be fine… They do scale for some instances much like WvW if need be

I wasn’t around for the Halloween event so I wouldn’t know, and I just say that because I am smart enough to know about forum trolls and how some work to flame people who don’t play the gmaes/like the company who make’s games they like so I just said I expect it. As for my thoughs they steam from ther WOW universe where the holiday event bosses are made for end game players thus I though most MMO would follow that model to appeaze the end gamers.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

Also from wow. but the halloween event was very different than a wow event. I liked it better.

Don’t worry about trolls. There are awesome people here too, who will answer your questions.

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

Also from wow. but the halloween event was very different than a wow event. I liked it better.

Don’t worry about trolls. There are awesome people here too, who will answer your questions.

alright this sounds like my kind of MMO the end-gamers are less consered about content and more helpful this is going to be a bit better experience compared to other MMOs I have played on the maintaince days for WOW and I guess I need to find more forums that are adult only since it seems adults are the only people who have common sense learned.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Kiteisa.3189

I can’t speak for all end gamers. I have a level 80 glows with pride and a 78 (who will be killed soon) and some little ones. I haven’t been to the high level maps. I have hung out at the low ones getting map completion and stuff… hanging out and having fun. Do the jp over and over with my bf.
Some adults I have met are the most childish people in the world… and some youth are the most mature. Just find the right people for you. If you are looking for people who are fun to be with, check out the Union (link in signature)

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

I can’t speak for all end gamers. I have a level 80 glows with pride and a 78 (who will be killed soon) and some little ones. I haven’t been to the high level maps. I have hung out at the low ones getting map completion and stuff… hanging out and having fun. Do the jp over and over with my bf.
Some adults I have met are the most childish people in the world… and some youth are the most mature. Just find the right people for you. If you are looking for people who are fun to be with, check out the Union (link in signature)

I guess that is very true, I just mean adults should have the knowledge to use google to get information before posting on a forum but most kids don’t cause it’s give me give me give me to them.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Kiteisa.3189

laughs long and hard I wish all adults were that wonderful. Sadly, some never grow up. If you read longer around here, you will see that many are still gimme gimme gimme. We SHOULD have the knowledge…. alas.

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

laughs long and hard I wish all adults were that wonderful. Sadly, some never grow up. If you read longer around here, you will see that many are still gimme gimme gimme. We SHOULD have the knowledge…. alas.

Yea sounds like most adults would benefit from getting a coarse teached by a professor I had back in college, his favorite saying to awnser any questions we had was, “Google it” so we learned to figure out stuff on our own like it would be outin teh real world (Work Force) but I guess most adults hate to work since they are mostly in their job for the money not the enjoyment of the job.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Kiteisa.3189

My daddy used to say “look it up in the dictionary”…. WHAT a different world it is. Google is my bestest friend somedays.

I work to live… I don’t live to work. I don’t like my job, and will be changing, but when I love something I throw myself totally into it.

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

My daddy used to say “look it up in the dictionary”…. WHAT a different world it is. Google is my bestest friend somedays.

I work to live… I don’t live to work. I don’t like my job, and will be changing, but when I love something I throw myself totally into it.

Your the case in point you only work for the money and thus make the rest of the world hate everything too since you hate your life so you use MMOs like this to take out your frustrations on others thus making most of the content hard to do for players like me who just want to either collect stuff or to do the content no matter what so thanks for making blizzard keep players like you happy the end-gamer.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Kiteisa.3189

lol I think our wire crossed there. I don’t hate my life. I love my life. I used to love my job but things changed and I am not enjoying my job, so instead of staying where I am unhappy, I am going to make a change. I don’t take my frustrations out on the game, or anyone in the game, I love to help people in the game, will stop for every tree and ore as I wander around maps. I stop to stare at the beauty of the game, and will do a jp over and over for the joy of doing it. i love to help new comers to the game, have often sent help to random people, never expecting return. I don’t grind the game, I enjoy it, and the company of my guild and any random stranger who will play with me. I have troubles walking by an NPC who is dead, and if I see the icon of a downed player, I will detour to help them, though usually they wp out before I can get there. My bf and I spent two hours in the Crypt during the halloween event, rezing people because it was a difficult part and we wanted to make it just a little easier for those who weren’t as high level as us. Some people were grateful, but most people just ran off without even a “ty” Did we do it for some reward? NO. We did it cos it was fun, and helpful. I am sorry if I came across as one of those end gamers who will grind the living kitten out of the game. Certainly wasn’t my intent. And if I ever became one of them, not helping new or random people, I would hope my computer would start to hate me and blow up. For me, this isn’t about the best gear or who has the best dungeon run, but about community and helping others, having fun and making friends.

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

lol I think our wire crossed there. I don’t hate my life. I love my life. I used to love my job but things changed and I am not enjoying my job, so instead of staying where I am unhappy, I am going to make a change. I don’t take my frustrations out on the game, or anyone in the game, I love to help people in the game, will stop for every tree and ore as I wander around maps. I stop to stare at the beauty of the game, and will do a jp over and over for the joy of doing it. i love to help new comers to the game, have often sent help to random people, never expecting return. I don’t grind the game, I enjoy it, and the company of my guild and any random stranger who will play with me. I have troubles walking by an NPC who is dead, and if I see the icon of a downed player, I will detour to help them, though usually they wp out before I can get there. My bf and I spent two hours in the Crypt during the halloween event, rezing people because it was a difficult part and we wanted to make it just a little easier for those who weren’t as high level as us. Some people were grateful, but most people just ran off without even a “ty” Did we do it for some reward? NO. We did it cos it was fun, and helpful. I am sorry if I came across as one of those end gamers who will grind the living kitten out of the game. Certainly wasn’t my intent. And if I ever became one of them, not helping new or random people, I would hope my computer would start to hate me and blow up. For me, this isn’t about the best gear or who has the best dungeon run, but about community and helping others, having fun and making friends.

Okay, sorry I though you were a little vage before now I know better so all is good.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

^ Thankfully that is all cleared. I came to check back on anymore advice. Kit is NOT and never will be one of those elitists. Kit is a very helpful and generous person.
Sorry I just had to make that statement.

Anyway back on topic:

There are mainly Tiers during these types of events.
There will be things to do at lower lvls but there will be some less accessible events usually in the 30/50 range. This was done as Anet didn’t want players making new character and getting everything straight away. The higher tier are for the characters that have made a greater progression.

That does mean you are completely cut off from the content. A little ask for help in map chat is more than enough to help you do the event.

Some instances are scaled such as the Mad King dungeon so all players are included.;)

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

If the christmas events are anything like the halloween events you should be fine.

For example on the halloween event there was a special boss fight dungeon and everyone who was lower level than 80 had their power increased so that they could play it too (I completed the boss fight several times on Lvl.40), as well as special game modes and a new jumping puzzle that all did not require you to be a high level player. There was only one part of halloween events that you needed to be a high level player, and that was some of the scavenger hunt parts that went out in the high lvl zones. Though I completed mine with the help of some guild mates and friends.

Upcoming Xmas Event

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

One nice thing about A-net is they make sure everyone is included in special event’s. Both halloween and the lost shore’s event had upscaling where it was needed, so I think you’ll be fine.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

One nice thing about A-net is they make sure everyone is included in special event’s. Both halloween and the lost shore’s event had upscaling where it was needed, so I think you’ll be fine.

Yea I guess I just got screwed over by Act-o-vision this past September in WOW

(edited by RazorClaw.6852)

Upcoming Xmas Event

RazorClaw.6852

Well, I am almost done all the races special events and man is the event fun and enjoy this community is better then the one in WOW thus far but I haven’t reached end-game and going back into old school places for vanity items yet. I am curious if the mats for the vanity toys in the Xmas event are only dropped in the race event ending at the end of the day tomorrow or if the event that happens starting the 20th will drop the mats as well?