Urgent! What do I do, now?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: GEMINIX.2068

GEMINIX.2068

Q:

Sorry guys! I’m new to this game, and I’ve got to level 10 yesterday night.

So, I’m kind of stuck now. I followed my storyline, and as I noticed the gap between my required level and my level is widening. Atm, (16), and I’m still level 10! So, what do I do to train now and level up? I would hate to have to just grind on monsters all day long. -_-

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

A:

Heart’s and events grant very fast XP. The fastest way to level is to find a constantly repeating event chain and just keep repeating it until you level out of the zone. Then move on to the next zone and find another. Throw in food and XP boosters and you will be 80 in under 80 hours of play time.

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Farm find way points do vistas find Poi’s anything in map completion will boost your level fast. also hit up every dynamic event you come across. grinding is probably the last thing you want to do at lvl 10

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Complete hearts of your level will give you a lot of exp. Remember to drop in any event around you. Explore your starter city, getting 100% map completion usually gives you 30% of exp bar. Find the portal to Lion’s Arch in the city, go to other starter cities and explore more, after that, you can go out to the cities’ beginner zones and do the hearts there.

Posted by: GEMINIX.2068

GEMINIX.2068

Thanks all of you!

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Harvesting and rezzing other players also gives exp.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Asthalon.6875

Asthalon.6875

Don’t forget crafting. It can provide a much-needed XP boost if you stay on top of it, and help you keep your gear relatively decent (though you may not always be able to make all the pieces you want from drops alone).

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Heart’s and events grant very fast XP. The fastest way to level is to find a constantly repeating event chain and just keep repeating it until you level out of the zone. Then move on to the next zone and find another. Throw in food and XP boosters and you will be 80 in under 80 hours of play time.

Not only is this not the fastest way to level (crafting is) but it has to be one of the most boring possible ways to play the game.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Crafting leveling has been nerfed and it costs a small fortune.

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

my advice is to gather materials and do not touch crafting until about level 40 or so. I know it is a while away but hey you will get a nice boost of xp and a bunch of cool stuff.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Basically explore the world and do everything you come across.

Gather resources as you pass them, use them to craft when you reach a crafting station or any time you’re in town. Make your way around all the Vistas, POIs and skill points on the map and do all the hearts and dynamic events you come across. (When you’ve finished a dynamic event it can be worth hanging around or following the NPCs because some of them lead to more events).

If that’s not enough and you don’t want to go to another zone then go to WvW for a bit.

This is what I do and I almost always find myself over-levelled for my zone or personal story without feeling like I’ve really put any effort in to it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”