Using Armor Sets

Using Armor Sets

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Adeyl.9628

Adeyl.9628

Q:

If I purchase an armor set off of the black trade market, and I apply the set to my armor pieces, when I upgrade those pieces will the armor set I purchased be removed? Or does it transfer to upgraded pieces?

Using Armor Sets

Posted by: Advent.2579

Advent.2579

The set will not transfer to your new armor, you need an item to transfer it so I recommend getting cosmetic armor once you get level 80 and you know you wont be changing armors soon.

Using Armor Sets

Posted by: jepoochy.1678

jepoochy.1678

This is why I think GW2 should have done what Rift did and just given us a wardrobe tab in our character screen where we can set whatever armor pieces we want as our appearance. I really hate the idea behind the transmutation stones. It seems like just a cheap cash grab to me.

Using Armor Sets

Posted by: dpcnh.3798

dpcnh.3798

This is why I think GW2 should have done what Rift did and just given us a wardrobe tab in our character screen where we can set whatever armor pieces we want as our appearance. I really hate the idea behind the transmutation stones. It seems like just a cheap cash grab to me.

Like the idea of a wardrobe tab. I keep running back to apply my Hall of Monument skins when upgrading armor. I know it’s free but its still kind of a pain when my intention would be to just keep that look indefinitely.

Using Armor Sets

Posted by: Celidon.1348

Celidon.1348

Well, think about it this way. Rift is subscription based, and you’re getting to play an entire game for free with guild wars 2, so supporting the devs by buying a few pieces of clothing really isn’t that big of a deal in the bigger picture. You’d still be paying less in the long run than by playing a subscription based game.

Using Armor Sets

Posted by: jepoochy.1678

jepoochy.1678

Well, think about it this way. Rift is subscription based, and you’re getting to play an entire game for free with guild wars 2, so supporting the devs by buying a few pieces of clothing really isn’t that big of a deal in the bigger picture. You’d still be paying less in the long run than by playing a subscription based game.

I don’t mind buying vanity pieces of clothing, and it’s something I’ve done in many FTP games I’ve played. That’s something I absolutely don’t have any qualms about. The problem I have is with the Transmutation stones. GW2 is so far the first game that I’ve played where the Devs “double dip” on allowing me to use vanity armor. I shouldn’t have to go spend money (I know you can exchange gold for gems, but getting you to spend real money is the intent) any time I get an armor upgrade just so I can keep using the same vanity pieces that I already payed for.

(edited by jepoochy.1678)