Viable Ranged Class

Viable Ranged Class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rsiloliveira.6429

rsiloliveira.6429

Hey guys, I just got back to GW2, first time playing HoT.

My question is simple. Are any ranged classes/playstyles viable atm?

It seems like the generic Ranger type with bow and long range is no longer played because of the specializations.

I usually don’t like to play melee but I don’t want to build a character that no one will want in the group, you know.

Can you help me? Thank you

Viable Ranged Class

rsiloliveira.6429

Oh, just noticed there is a new expasion soon, should I just play whatever and wait?

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

No need to wait for anything, the expac will just give you more options.

Ranger OR druid can be played with a bow, and it’s extremely, extremely strong in open world stuff.

But more importantly, every profession has a viable ranged option.

Unless you want to do raids, that’s about all you need to know. Raids use more specific builds and LB ranger isn’t used there, for example.

Viable Ranged Class

rsiloliveira.6429

No need to wait for anything, the expac will just give you more options.

Ranger OR druid can be played with a bow, and it’s extremely, extremely strong in open world stuff.

But more importantly, every profession has a viable ranged option.

Unless you want to do raids, that’s about all you need to know. Raids use more specific builds and LB ranger isn’t used there, for example.

Oh, that is good to know.

Raid is probably the very last thing I will do, but I would like to do Fractals for example.

Also I play mostly solo and I’m yet to clear the whole map, so yeah, I have a lot to do before the more “hardcore” content.

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

LB ranger also gets its own very special brand of hate from all the people that screw up the use of LB4 all the time -_-

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

LB ranger also gets its own very special brand of hate from all the people that screw up the use of LB4 all the time -_-

I usually use sword/axe on my ranger, so when someone (just as often any of the other classes with launches, but it all gets blamed on “ranger”) knocks a enemy out of everyone’s AoE, I grab it and yank it right back into the AoE.

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

1.Condi Necromancer: Scepter/x + Staff
2. Staff Elementalist
3. Condi Engineer: double pistol Flamethrower/Elixir Gun. Power engineer grenades
4. Power Thief double pistol + sb(Rifle next expac) or condi Thief p/d + sb.
5. Ranger
6. Guardian (DH) for open world only

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I really like my Guardian/Dragon Hunter for open world stuff. I equip all trap skills and reel ’em in. Love it!

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

It seems like the generic Ranger type with bow and long range is no longer played because of the specializations.

I usually don’t like to play melee but I don’t want to build a character that no one will want in the group, you know.

Ranger is still often played. I play greatsword/longbow.
If you want something top-tier viable, a fresh air staff tempest build is meta right now.

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Viable Ranged Class

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Necro’s are AMAZINGBALLZ so easy to play though

Viable Ranged Class

rsiloliveira.6429

Ranger is still often played. I play greatsword/longbow.
If you want something top-tier viable, a fresh air staff tempest build is meta right now.

I used my boost to level a ranger, I’m learning sb / ax+tor. But I haven’t found the best setup for soloing tho.