Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Leggendalex.4659

Leggendalex.4659

I have done fractals for all the day, level 1/2/3 and i haven`t found nothing. What is the Vial of Condensed Mists Essence drop ratio and there is a way to obtain it easily?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The only way to get those is by random drops inside the fractals. The drop rate is low, so be prepared that it may take some time.

At higher fractal levels, you can also get the higher tiers of mist essence. Note that you can also downgrade those in the Mystic Forge in order to get Vials. (And you can also upgrade Vials to the higher tiers.)

For specifics, look at this page:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Condensed_Mists_Essence

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I recommend going to a level 1, and rolling ascalon over and over and farm the mobs there. You want the heavy mob fractals for this. Fractals like Ascalon, Molten, Dredge, and Aetherblade are good places to try and farm, but Ascalon is one of the only good ones that can be rolled.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Leggendalex.4659

but no1 want to stay here for farming

Lilith Ajit.6173

but no1 want to stay here for farming

You can do the mob killing solo with your vet npcs

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Jornophelanthas.1475

Don’t hunt for it. Just do the fractals, and enjoy the ride and the rewards. Eventually you’ll get lucky.

If you actually want to farm a fractal, advertise that in your LFG, instead of blindly joining others. You can use the “Out Of Cluck” achievement as an argument to convince others to kill Ascalonian soldiers.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

As I’m looking for the same thing… I assume ‘rolling’ means entering/leaving the Fractals until we’re given the one we want?

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Lilith Ajit.6173

As I’m looking for the same thing… I assume ‘rolling’ means entering/leaving the Fractals until we’re given the one we want?

Yep, exactly.

[ARES]

Leggendalex.4659

just found 1, magic find boost is the answer

Jornophelanthas.1475

just found 1, magic find boost is the answer

You don’t know that. Maybe you still would have gotten the drop despite the magic find boost.

But congratulations.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Magic find isn’t always the answer. It’d be awesome if it was.

I’ve seen people with 87% magic find get a lot more high quality drops than someone that has 125%. Which is really a bummer.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve seen people with 87% magic find get a lot more high quality drops than someone that has 125%. Which is really a bummer.

The affects of magic find are only noticeable after 100s of drops. The difference between 87 and 125 is only going to be consistently significant after 1,000s of drops. It doesn’t guarantee you better, it instead accumulates better results over time. Since I get maybe 30-40 total drops in an FotM run, I’m not sure how noticeable it would be even after only a few runs.

Two of us have been running FotM about 4x a week; we each have about 200% MF. We don’t see Mist Essences every run (of 4 fractals); we do see 1-2 per week between us. Your mileage will vary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Lilith Ajit.6173

The affects of magic find are only noticeable after 100s of drops. The difference between 87 and 125 is only going to be consistently significant after 1,000s of drops. It doesn’t guarantee you better, it instead accumulates better results over time. Since I get maybe 30-40 total drops in an FotM run, I’m not sure how noticeable it would be even after only a few runs.

Two of us have been running FotM about 4x a week; we each have about 200% MF. We don’t see Mist Essences every run (of 4 fractals); we do see 1-2 per week between us. Your mileage will vary.

Absolutely agree.

There’s also that weird time in Cliffside you get 3 shards in a row. Haha. This happened right before we lost the hammer and broke our instance. But still. Shards!

[ARES]

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I farmed the dredge fractal with some guildies for a few hours about a year ago (before it was nerfed). We would do it quickly up until the clown car, finish off those mobs, then restart it. Each run took maybe 20-30 minutes and we got LOTS of heavy miner’s bags. lower level = faster but less bags, higher level = slower but more bags. Was always around 70 bags/hour. 6s/bag = 4.2g/hour just in bags (got other loot as well). Anyways, we also got lots of mists essences doing this (about 1 an hour). I would do what everyone else said: farm high-density fractals.
But not all mobs drop loot; I’m pretty sure it has to be able to drop loot to give you an essence. All of the dredge that do not spawn indefinitely will give loot (even the ones before those doors at the start). the ascalon fractal vets after the first gate and before the second will give loot. those are the big ones, some smaller ones: uncategorized fractal, the harpies give loot. snowblind fractal, the elementals give loot.