Vial of Powerful Blood Recipe

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I was wondering if the recipe was worth it or not, if you were, say, shooting for a Legendary and were ‘sorely’ short on that material.

I seem to end up with a lot of Potent Blood trying to farm Powerful Blood. I tried to figure out the math, assuming I just waited until I got 50 extra Potent, and it seems like it’s not a horrible deal? Or am I missing something?

Was curious as to whether or not people actually use this, or just try to farm them or buy them on the TP.

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

in case you didn’t notice, the output quantity is 5-12 (does this one have a chance at 50, too?)

so maybe that’s why you think it’s not profitable. these recipes are almost always worth it, given you have the skill points to spare.

notebene.3190

in case you didn’t notice, the output quantity is 5-12 (does this one have a chance at 50, too?)

so maybe that’s why you think it’s not profitable. these recipes are almost always worth it, given you have the skill points to spare.

Ok, thanks. I’ll give it a shot. Seems like a much better use for the 50 potent that I can’t bank rather than selling them. The crystalline hurts a ‘wee’ bit, but it’s fairly easy to scare up ectos from the WEs I do every day and luck on the occasional champ bag I happen upon.

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Did some quick math. If you sold all the ingredients on the TP you would get about 3g 2.55g after taxes. If you assign 0 value to the skill points used assuming 1 powerful blood costs about 50s then you would need to produce 6 or more each recipe for it to be cheaper than just buying the powerful blood. If you get 5 you will be losing about 5-10s per recipe. Assuming equal chance to get 5-12 then over all it would save you money to use the recipe. This is all assuming personal use, if your making the powerful bloods to sell on the TP I wouldn’t recommend it.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

notebene.3190

Did some quick math. If you sold all the ingredients on the TP you would get about 3g 2.55g after taxes. If you assign 0 value to the skill points used assuming 1 powerful blood costs about 50s then you would need to produce 6 or more each recipe for it to be cheaper than just buying the powerful blood. If you get 5 you will be losing about 5-10s per recipe. Assuming equal chance to get 5-12 then over all it would save you money to use the recipe. This is all assuming personal use, if your making the powerful bloods to sell on the TP I wouldn’t recommend it.

Making them to use in a Legendary recipe.

For my equation, the 50 Potent Bloods would be free, as I get so many of those while farming for Powerful, I was just going to roll the dice each time my Potent collection overflowed.

My first roll was 10. Not too bad.

Edit: Oh, and appreciate the evaluation!

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

It has always been cheaper to get Powerful Blood from the promotion, even more so now since prices are at an all-time high (it was like 40s a month ago). My average output has consistently been 7 Blood. You can check the average quantity you get with each try using simple math:

(Final Quantity – Initial Quantity + Number of Tries) / Number of Tries

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Teyrul.7804

Teyrul.7804

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-wCpIszrT9dFB3YjVUVFhfenlDUUpXTVBIdm5qWmc

This is for making money with skill points, your recipe is there.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If you have a source of cheap Potent Blood then if you get slightly better than average, you may break even compared to putting in a bid for Powerful Blood.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

nagr.1593

If you have a source of cheap Potent Blood then if you get slightly better than average, you may break even compared to putting in a bid for Powerful Blood.

I have tested it with getting 2-3 stacks of Blood that I needed over the months for legendaries and infusions, the average has always been close to 7 (sometimes more). therefore by just buying out all the things you need from TP (including Potent Blood), it is about 10s cheaper per each than if you were to buy the Blood from TP. So you save around 20g this way (then again, not a lot).

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Behellagh.1468

At this moment

50 Powerful Blood @ high bid = 27.965g

Conversion
50 Potent Blood @ high bid = 1.5950g
5 Pile of Crystalline Dust @ high bid = 1.1125g

Total =2.7075g

So no more than 10 conversions to break even or be cheaper. So average 5 per. Note that I’m assuming you have at least one Powerful Blood to bootstrap the up conversion process.

10 @ 5 each will save you 89s
9 @ 6 each will save you 3.5975g and give you 4 extra worth 2.006g at low sell price (after fees and taxes).
8 @ 7 each will save you 6.3050g and give you 6 extra worth 3.009g at low sell price (after fees and taxes).

Since you get a minimum of 5 per convert … why not, you might get lucky but, and it’s a big but, you have to put in bids and be patient if you don’t have the raw mats. And by the time you do get the mats you hope that the price of Powerful didn’t plummet.

RIP City of Heroes

nagr.1593

Since you get a minimum of 5 per convert … why not, you might get lucky but, and it’s a big but, you have to put in bids and be patient if you don’t have the raw mats. And by the time you do get the mats you hope that the price of Powerful didn’t plummet.

yes, but if doing for repeated trials like if you need full stack of Blood, the average is very close to 7. for individual tries you might get 5 or even 11, but if you are doing in bulk then it is defnitely cheaper with recipe, no matter your luck. So assuming 3.32g cost for one recipe that I just calculated with buying out all items from TP (not buy orders), its like 47s per Blood with each try if you are doing in bulk. so you will definitely save some gold in the long term, and I don’t think you need to worry about Blood prices dropping by a lot anytime soon since its just been going up.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Behellagh.1468

The problem with most spreadsheets on conversion is they include the cost of the single higher tier item for each convert as oppose needing only one to bootstrap the whole process. This makes the break even point higher than it should be when converting in bulk.

At an average rate of 7 you could even make a profit selling them. Using my previous prices 10 stacks up converted cost 27.075 gold while 70 Powerful Bloods after fees and taxes will earn you 35.105g. Almost a 30% profit or 8 gold.

It’s just that I’m not comfortable to try this bet with my own money. RNG is a harsh mistress.

RIP City of Heroes

notebene.3190

In my case, my cheap source of Potent Blood is free. I’m out trying to farm my own Powerful Blood, and noticed I got a ‘lot’ of Potent Blood, which I was selling. Which is why I originally came out here to ask, when I was perusing the wiki and saw you could convert up, which I had no idea existed.

I’m going to be doing the same with the 2-3 other T6 mats which I don’t quite have to 250 yet for my Legendary, and honestly at this point, I think I may just start doing it for all my T6 mats after that, as I notice I can’t deposit a particular T5 mat.

Though, I’ll have to play that by ear, since it ‘could’ turn out I’m taking for granted just how much of my income comes for TPing T5 mats.

nagr.1593

you’ll have to check which other T6 mats are worth promoting. tbh when I made my legendaries I think the only other one I tried to promote was Armored Scale, the rest weren’t rly worth it.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-wCpIszrT9dFB3YjVUVFhfenlDUUpXTVBIdm5qWmc

Outdated and a waste of skillpoints.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Teyrul.7804

Teyrul.7804

Neither outdated since it updates itself nor a waste since it’s the best way to make gold with skillpoints.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Neither outdated since it updates itself nor a waste since it’s the best way to make gold with skillpoints.

Nope. It misses the most profitable option tier1-tier2 mats

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

‘profitable’ is a matter of perspective.
If you spend an hour placing buy orders for 250,000 mats, then wait a week for them to come in, then spend 4 hours running back and forth between your bank and a forge, then spend another hour placing sell listings for 80,000 mats (that error attempting to sell will drive you crazy, btw), then wait a few days for those to sell, all to convert 200 SP into 400g profit; is that ‘better’ than spending 10 min to convert 200 SP into 100g profit?
100g/10 min vs. 400g/2 weeks
then again, there’s the time to collect the SP to think about: 100g/(1 month + 10 min) vs. 400g/(1 month + 2 weeks)