Victory or Death

Victory or Death

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alaric.3980

Alaric.3980

Is there any way to speed this up at all?

I get that its meant to be this epic battle but it just feels like Anet was trying way too hard. It’s tedious, slow, and honestly I can’t bring myself to play through it.

Victory or Death

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well, at launch it was a lot more hectic. You needed a group of five and were likely to wipe thanks to the constant waves of mobs on small fighting platforms. Even the tedious end part of firing the lasers had wurms sprouting out of the deck (gotta wonder how, there not being a lot of burrowing room in a metal deck) to force you off the lasers to deal with them or die of poison.

But that all seemed too much for an individual’s personal story, so even before the PS revamp they toned it down to greatly reduce the numbers of mobs spawning without shortening the time of the trip. Then they converted it to a soloable run.

So now you have long stretches of nothing happening in between face roll fights and yes, it is slow.

If you want it to feel faster, you most likely need to team up with at least one other person. That way you can chat with each other in between mob appearances and help pass the time.

Victory or Death

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well, at launch it was a lot more hectic. You needed a group of five and were likely to wipe thanks to the constant waves of mobs on small fighting platforms. Even the tedious end part of firing the lasers had wurms sprouting out of the deck (gotta wonder how, there not being a lot of burrowing room in a metal deck) to force you off the lasers to deal with them or die of poison.

The poison is still there.

As for not making sense … have you ever observed dredges on the platform in the middle of dredghaunt or in the underground fractal?

Victory or Death

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

The poisonous sections are still there, and the spouts of poison you get before the actual Zhaitan battle are manageable, but it’s more or less “don’t get too involved with the cannons and raise your shield at the right time”.

It will draw considerably, I’d have to admit — just stay persistent. It will eventually get done.

(The reason I excluded the Zhaitan posion — more like vile liquid spouts — is because it WILL down you in an unfavorable spot. You have to know how he’ll choreograph the summoning, so you’re off the turret before it comes up.)

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.