Viper's exotic armor

Viper's exotic armor

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Q:

Am I understanding this correctly?

In order to get a full suit of viper’s exalted armor, I have to farm the meta in AB until I get six random drops of the recipe’s?

I sure hope that’s not correct (because I hate HoT), but it seems to be so. Is there any other way to get those armor pieces and/or recipes?

Viper's exotic armor

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A:

The recipes are tradable, you can buy them on the TP.

But if you need gold it couldn’t hurt to farm AB to get it, so you’ve got a chance of getting a recipe directly instead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Viper's exotic armor

Daddicus.6128

Perfect! I searched before, and couldn’t find it. But, I was looking under armor instead of generally or recipes.

Thank you!

Viper's exotic armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you have six characters that haven’t done the HoT story then you could do that as well. I forgot at which point you get an armor chest. I doubt it’ll be much fun if you’re not into it.

Viper's exotic armor

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Perfect! I searched before, and couldn’t find it. But, I was looking under armor instead of generally or recipes.

Thank you!

If I had 1g for every time I’ve done that…Or searched under armour when I was looking for a skin.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Viper's exotic armor

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The full rundown of HoT story substantive rewards:

• Box of Gear from Ch15 (Viper, Minstrel, or Trailblazer) <- the one Ayrilana mentioned (can be weapon or armor)
  • Auric weapons are available in Ch8 (wanderer stats)
  • Chak weapons are available from Ch13 (trailblazer)
  • Broken Caladbolg drops in Ch16 (choice of core stats)

I believe all are account bound on acquire and soulbound on use/upgrade.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Viper's exotic armor

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The only thing that can’t be bought off the tp is the recipe for the insignia but it really doesn’t take many trips to get. Also can be bought for wvw proof of heroics witha mastery but that also takes time.

If you don’t have any viper gear, I would put the armor on hold and go for ls3 where you can get ascended stat selectable trinkets including vipers. Then, work on the weapons.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Viper's exotic armor

Daddicus.6128

Thank you all! I can’t mark more than one as the answer, but all your responses are helpful. Thanks!