Warrior Discussion

Warrior Discussion

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Praenomen.3245

Praenomen.3245

Hello fellow warriors! Who else is loving everything about this class to bits? Basically everything I could have asked for as far as wanting to play whatever I could imagine when I think ‘Warrior’. I’m making this thread as a sort of compilation of various questions that have occurred to me as I play, some of which I have seen other threads for but many I haven’t. My hope is to get some discussion about various things going here which other players can refer too until we get proper warrior forums.

Who here prefers Strength? Arms? Do you take both, or neither? Why? I notice a lot of people prefer to take Arms generally speaking, which makes sense to me. Superficially it often seems much more useful than Strength. In what circumstances would I rather focus on maxing out Strength than Arms, if I had to chose one or the other?

For leveling, do you take Defense or Tactics? Both, or neither? Why?

Is there anyone who maxes out Discipline? A lot of the ‘general utility’ trees I see for other classes have very useful traits in it, but warrior seems limited in that regard – I could never see myself maxing out Discipline. Any thoughts on this?

Anyone here who prefers Hammer to Greatsword? Why?

Anyone here who prefers playing dual-wield warriors? What combination of weapons do you prefer, and why? Also, if anyone wants to take the liberty of listing the various combinations and in what situations they would shine most, I would find that useful. I usually fall back on Sword/Sword myself, but I enjoy Axe/Axe as well. I’ve thought about using Axe/Sword, but never Sword/Axe. I tend to rely on Bow for AoE.

Speaking of Bow, do you prefer bow or rifle? Why? Or Neither? I usually prefer Bow for AoE and rely on my melee for single target, but is there anyone here who goes about that in reverse? (Melee for AoE and Rifle for Single-target)

This is just all I could think of in one sitting, feel free to add to it. Answers most appreciated, obviously!

Warrior Discussion

Posted by: vurjin.6257

vurjin.6257

i myself as a lvl 40 warrior has taken 10 in arms, 10 in strength and 10 in tactics. Reason being arms for the 50% longer bleeds, strength for the 5% more vitality off power and tactics for the vitality it gives, which help with the dungeon running. In world pve i use dual swords, since stacking bleeds and the amount of dmg they do is insane. As for running dungeons i use dual swords until all my skills are on CD and switch to mace and board for the 3 stuns which when combo’ed one after the other pretty much stun locks the mob for the rest of the team to burn down.

Sigfurd 80 Norn Warrior Isle of Janthir
http://raptr.com/kennett?src=em_all

Warrior Discussion

Posted by: Ben C.4913

Ben C.4913

I’m really enjoying the warrior. During the BWEs I played a necro (which is my usual character type) but rolled a warrior on launch because of the versatility it seemed to have.
I’m using a sword & shield with either a longbow or rifle as my secondary weapon. The sword/shield suits my play style and I have good mobility with a leap and a charge, plus interupts such as kick and shield bash.
I’ve found the longbow good for group fights as combustive shot gives a combo field and the LB has good AoE.
The traits I’ve chosen (initially) are Arms & Defence. The bonuses for bleeds seems to go with my weapon choice and although I’m not going for an overly ‘tanky’ build I feel that defence is a must if you’re up close and getting your teeth kicked in.
The elite skills were chosen on the grounds of being useful either in large group events or looking towards dungeon runs. The artillery barrage was an obvious choice; The battle standard seemed to be a good choice for the group buffs it has.

“Two inches of point is worth any length of edge” – Vegetius