Warrior builds

Warrior builds

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: doc.8750

doc.8750

A bit concerned with how my traits are coming along. I kinda made the decision early on that i wanted to be very combat oriented instead of support or CC in pve and also to put 20points in str, 30points in arms, and my final 20 points in disc. but i feel really weak sometimes… and tend to lose a large amounts of health rather quickly. i’m only level 30 but i try not to bite off more than i can chew when questing. i’ve been collecting gear with lots of power, precision, condition dmg, and a splash of healing pwr. wondering if some of those trait points would be better spent in defense and/or tactics. Any suggestions if you think you know what you’re doing would be amazin

(edited by doc.8750)

Warrior builds

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I tend to do more WvW and I’ve noticed that survivability is probably more important than dishing out massive damage.

I originally was going 30 power and 30 arms, but have decided to try a balanced build and bump up toughness and HP instead. I’ll limit power and arms to 20 and 15. The rest in traits that will help me survive a prolonged skirmish.

The nice thing you are allowed to change later., for some coin of course.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

Warrior builds

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

I love the Toughness tree myself (can’t recall the name), along with the Precision for crit. Most of my armor/runes have +Might or +Vitality to cover the gaps, so overall, I feel pretty balanced. In PvE, with a Sigil of Blood on my weapon and Signet of Health, along with the trait that gives +Toughness when HP is over 90%, I barely drop below full health (unless it’s a tough enemy or 5 mobs at once, of course). In WvW, I still feel a bit vulnerable, but I can kill people pretty quickly if I get a chance to slash ’em.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Warrior builds

Posted by: eupholax.7025

eupholax.7025

If you want straight dps you should use a signet build , using signets of might, stamina, fury, healing, and rage,for traits max in strength and max in arms to increase crit chance and damage the put ten into whatever you want. Then for gear focus on things that give you additional power, precision, and crit damage. USE GREATSWORD, there’s are major trait bonuses for it, 10% more damage and skill cool downs are 20% shorter, and if you crit with the Greatsword you get a stack of might.

If you do this you will have to take into account you relative lack of defense and play accordingly

Warrior builds

Posted by: brazthemad.1504

brazthemad.1504

eupholax’s idea is great for levels 20-60, but the scaling starts to blow as you get closer to 80. I’ve done a lot of WvW and some pve dungeons at 80, and I’m really digging tactics with healing shouts.

Warrior builds

Posted by: eupholax.7025

eupholax.7025

I’m at lvl 80 and my crit chance is about 50% but I still haven’t completed my gear yet. I still have higher dps than anybody else I’ve seen but you are right it does peak between lvls 20 to 60

Warrior builds

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

For a while I rolled a Warrior marksman with a bow, rifle and signets with signet / crit traits. I found it especially useful in world PvP where I didn’t need to stack a million points in defensive traits for simple luxury of surviving in melee combat. The same applied in PvE where I could fight mobs 4 levels above me by using range to suppress them. I’m sword/axe axe/sword now for the lulz.