Warrior or Mesmer?

Warrior or Mesmer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Why must people choose? You get five character slots (and can buy more, up to 64) so why don’t you make both? They don’t take that long to level up. You’ll understand the mechanics of each class you play that way, so for PvP will have better understanding of what you face.

Warrior or Mesmer?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

A – Boring stereotypical fantasy genre class, highly effective in all areas of the game, you will always be in demand, stacks extremely well with any other class.

B – Highly unique/original and beautiful class, effectiveness varies with player skill and sadly aside from a few utilities “anything it can do, another class can do better” – apart from having fabulous aural/visual effects.

Warrior or Mesmer?

Posted by: Smaisteri.9630

Smaisteri.9630

I sometimes regret choosing a Mesmer. It can be a pretty difficult class to play, for me at least.

It doesn’t have many straight-forward all-around useful utility skills, they all seem to be very situational. Mobility also feels to be a major issue for me. Phantasms and clones seem to be very difficult to use, especially in dungeons and WvW where there is even a bit of AoE going on, your clones and phantasms will die in 0,5 seconds, rendering many of your skills completely obsolete.

I’d roll a Warrior if I were you, but the choice is yours.

Warrior or Mesmer?

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

I got both. Warrior had always been a favorite. Fun to play. Mesmer, like smaisteri says, can be hard. Still, can be very fun now and again. If U havent tried it tho, try theif. Thats a good class imo

Warrior or Mesmer?

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Hi Falarid,

Both classes are mechanically very different. I suggest you try them in heart of the mists (there is a portal in lions arch if you haven’t unlocked the UI yet).

Mesmer are slippery and fluid, warriors are strong and tanky. I’d say that once you can beat svanir or chieftain in that zone (boss mobs in the zone that are close to the waypoint in the zone) you’ll have a decent feel for the classes. Killing the enemy player npcs is a little too easy to get a solid feel on the class.

Good luck, also don’t be afraid to ask where the boss mobs or portal into the heart of the mists is, its extremely helpful for deciding on what class you want to play.

Warrior or Mesmer?

Posted by: SpiritualAwakening.5347

SpiritualAwakening.5347

I have one of each and they are very different. I enjoy Mesmer play and utility more but sometimes you feel somewhat lackluster on the DPS side of things compared to the warrior (especially when clones die!).