Warrior or Necromancer?

Warrior or Necromancer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SwiftFishy.2643

SwiftFishy.2643

Hello everyone, so I’ve just bought a character slot, and I have a problem. I have every class to level 80 except for a Warrior, Necromancer, and Engineer. I feel the engineer would be uber boring.

1. Warrior or Necromancer?
-If Warrior it will be Charr
-If Necromancer, what race?
-Norn or Human preferably (No Asura)
2. Can you upload some cool outfits for the combination you picked?

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

I’m NOT an experienced player, but I’m sure that engineer isn’t boring. I mean, depends what ‘boring’ means to you, but engi has so many options, that it shouldn’t be ‘boring’.. But this is only my opinion.

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: SwiftFishy.2643

SwiftFishy.2643

I’m NOT an experienced player, but I’m sure that engineer isn’t boring. I mean, depends what ‘boring’ means to you, but engi has so many options, that it shouldn’t be ‘boring’.. But this is only my opinion.

The amount of weapons it ckittene is off putting. so really only looking for a warrior or necro.

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

I haven’t tried the Engineer yet, but from what I hear its very versatile and with the recent buffs has become much more viable in PvE. The main turnoff being the sheer number of skills you need to learn and the high skillcap required to play adequately.

If you’ve ever made a Charr character before you’ll know whether its right for you. Most of the heavy armor sets will have tail clipping issues and if you like to use shields it may look like its floating in midair with the Charr hunchback. The body armors look pretty good, but imo the headpieces are pretty generic. Some will clip off your horns or show your Charrs face unlike on the other races (Ascended Visor/Temple Helm). The large size can also make it harder to complete jumping puzzles, but once you get used to it its not a bid deal.

When I made my Necro I originally planned on modeling it after Marjory, but by the time I hit 80 it seemed like too much trouble to buy the Makeover Kit/Trickster armor skin. The starter face options for humans actually look really nice so I’m pretty satisfied with the look. Most of the Female Light Armor sets are really good looking with my personal favorites being the Nightmare Court/Armor of the Lich sets. Both match the Necro look perfectly.

Attachments:

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Engineer boring? o.O
My engineer is probably the most fun class for me. Mass explosions, throwing turrets on walls, mortar trolling… oh and rocket boots <3
If I haven’t convinced you then necromancer, warriors are boring in PvE and Necromancers have things like minions and fearing off cliffs on eotm.
But I’m telling you, engis are the best.

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

The amount of weapons it ckittene is off putting. so really only looking for a warrior or necro.

The number of weapons a class ckittene doesn’t really tell you much. Warriors ckittene so many weapons, but imo most of skills they have are pretty boring and useless, and you only end up using one or two of them. Eles on the other hand can only use 4 weapons, however they have so many useful skills on them that it feels like a lot more variety. People’s opinions of what is ‘boring’ is their own, for instance my main is a warrior and I still have the most fun with it (next to my thief). I will say warriors are better than necro for PvE, their dps is better and they can buff their group’s dps by a whole lot more.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: pandaexpress.1458

pandaexpress.1458

Hi,

There isn’t a simple answer. A warrior can do a lot of melee damage. To fight melee, you must be close. On ranged weapons, warriors are weaker. Warriors have a lot of skills, scale well, and have very good armor. Many dungeon or fractal groups, where good equipment drops occur, want only berserker (zerker) geared warriors (or maybe sometimes a single guardian). As such, if you wish high level dungeons or fractals, a warrior will help. A group of well geared warriors, doing melee, can liquefy most bosses in dungeons or fractals. This makes running them faster and easier.

Necromancers are mostly ranged, and are very survivable, but are not great for damage. Necromancer pets which work in PvE, do not work as well in PvP or in Dungeons or Fractals (for the most part). Necromancers really need to know how to use their shadow form, and must trait their shadow form to last longer. I ckittene my Necromancer pets in low level fractals or dungeons, but at higher levels, pets are just about useless.

I have a level 80 of each class, and a warrior is best in groups, particularly with other warriors, however my Necromancer can survive stuff a warrior can’t.

Case in point, running a fractal last night, our warrior died in the Aether blade fractal via shock, as a Necromancer, going into shadow form, I just walked through it, ignoring the puzzle entirely. After I did it, on second though, I could have cast an pet wurm, and just teleported across the whole thing.

If you want to do world exploration, any class will do, probably a Necromancer is a bit easier than most, but any class can do it. I have explored all of Tyria, and have Been there Done That. The first class to run it on was my Necromancer, but it could have been as easily run on any other class.

Play what you like. The damage of a zerking warrior is amazing, but it’s also about enjoying your play. If you don’t enjoy it, try something else. When I feel burned out, my Mesmer is often just fun to play, though it isn’t as strong as a warrior or as survivable as a Necromancer.

Warrior or Necromancer?

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hi,

There isn’t a simple answer. A warrior can do a lot of melee damage. To fight melee, you must be close. On ranged weapons, warriors are weaker. Warriors have a lot of skills, scale well, and have very good armor. Many dungeon or fractal groups, where good equipment drops occur, want only berserker (zerker) geared warriors (or maybe sometimes a single guardian). As such, if you wish high level dungeons or fractals, a warrior will help. A group of well geared warriors, doing melee, can liquefy most bosses in dungeons or fractals. This makes running them faster and easier.

Necromancers are mostly ranged, and are very survivable, but are not great for damage. Necromancer pets which work in PvE, do not work as well in PvP or in Dungeons or Fractals (for the most part). Necromancers really need to know how to use their shadow form, and must trait their shadow form to last longer. I ckittene my Necromancer pets in low level fractals or dungeons, but at higher levels, pets are just about useless.

I have a level 80 of each class, and a warrior is best in groups, particularly with other warriors, however my Necromancer can survive stuff a warrior can’t.

Case in point, running a fractal last night, our warrior died in the Aether blade fractal via shock, as a Necromancer, going into shadow form, I just walked through it, ignoring the puzzle entirely. After I did it, on second though, I could have cast an pet wurm, and just teleported across the whole thing.

If you want to do world exploration, any class will do, probably a Necromancer is a bit easier than most, but any class can do it. I have explored all of Tyria, and have Been there Done That. The first class to run it on was my Necromancer, but it could have been as easily run on any other class.

Play what you like. The damage of a zerking warrior is amazing, but it’s also about enjoying your play. If you don’t enjoy it, try something else. When I feel burned out, my Mesmer is often just fun to play, though it isn’t as strong as a warrior or as survivable as a Necromancer.

1. Its called Death Shroud. Not"shadow form"
2. Traiting to make Death Shroud last longer is only really helpful for WvW, and maybe some pug builds, but even then its not even mandatory. In fact the top necro DPS build that does about as much single target damage as a banner warrior doesn’t even use death shroud other than to flash for tainted shackles and fury. And minions are bad for PvE unless for some instances when soloing it seems or to use the golem’s charge into a wall much like an ele would FGS.
3. While we do have a lot of ranged weapons, our one melee choice is our go to PvE weapon, as its very fast with very high single target damage. Axe is great in WvW for spamming damage from a short range away though.

Other than that your analysis is fine. Honestly OP, play the class you want and then pick the best builds/gear for each situation, which in PvE is always glass cannon. Also necro is god tier in WvW.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..