Warrior or Revenant?

Warrior or Revenant?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

Heey guys, Id like to know which one fills what role in the game. So far i like the playstyle of both but id like to know which one specializes in what situation in the End Game

Alpha Alex

Warrior or Revenant?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I think they are both somewhat similar in terms of rotations and how you play them, especially as it pertains to the new meta for both respective classes. Being both heavy armor classes, you would think they would have share a bit more in common however it is most assuredly not the case. I am working on leveling my Revenant to its elite spec counterpart at the moment, but it plays different enough from warrior that it will warrant some getting used to. The class mechanics are disparate from anything else I played but the Elementalist would probably come the closest to matching it, with their ability to sift through and swap between various elemental states whilst maintaining their sole wep set. I personally like to think of the Revenant as a hybrid class with an assortment of thief+elementalist mechanics. This is especially perceptible if you are used to leveling with the Jalis/Shiro stance combos like I am, and also from the skills on the wep sets they use, sword mainhand and staff set especially. The sword 3 skill reminds me of the dagger whirl/evade on thief, the backwards dodge utility skill seems to be modeled after the evade+ roll backwards heal animation on thief, not to mention the devastatingly useful lifesteal and quickness combo. Even the very dodge skill on the class is eerily reminiscent of the evade animation on thief.

Suffice it to say that because of this hybrid playstyle and its unique class mechanics, Revenant is ideally suited for the DPS and support role, being able to ostensibly provide a bottomless supply of crucial boons such as a high prot and fury uptime among others. The warrior class I feel is somewhat more durable and survivable in pve, at the cost of not being able to provide group heal and dmg reduction to allies for instance. However they do arguably bring more offensive support through use of banners, as well as more noticeable power increase to their groups through use of EA and might stacking rotations. A warrior running meta can ideally stack and maintain full might stacks on their group provided there are at least an average of 2 mobs to cleave through, otherwise might stacking might be rather slow. Overall both have similar roles though the Revenant is more of a group support one. I was testing out Revenant rotations at at times the dps actually seems to be an increase over warrior, at least for solo situations involving single mobs. Then again I am more easily able to solo a champ on the new maps with warrior whereas that same encounter would cause me to fall flat on my face with Rev. This could be because I am still learning on grasping the fundamentals of the class and working towards my elite spec, so don’t read too much into this. Anyway hope it helped

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)